• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ma first water cooled system ^^

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deadletter

Registered
Well I'm all to new to this and it's pretty cool from what I've seen, sadly I don't have the kind of money to buy a zalman RESERATOR 1 or some thing nice like that. I have been looking about and I have seen the thermaltake Bigwater 760i, Thermaltake Tribe External Liquid CPU Cooler or the Corsair HydroCool 200EX but that would be pushing it :p

What I'm leaning more to is getting the aqua bay M2 and M3, Thermaltake P500 12V Pump and a Zalman ZM-WB4 CPU Water Block...the thing is, that I'm not 100% certain as to how well this would work but I like the look and from looking about these parts have a nice rep behind them. Also be nice to know of some other nice cheap coolign systems ^^

First of all, I am moving this to the water cooling forum as more folks who are knowledgeable on water will look at your thread. :) Posting in the right forum will provide the best answers to your questions. ;)

Now, to your thread.

What does your present system consist of and what are your aims with going to water? Are you looking for a mild overclock or more radical overclock and are you looking for silence or what? And what is your budget? There are several ways for our recommendations to go depending on what you intend to accomplish.

But I can tell you right now that hardly anyone who is knowledgeable on a good loop will recommend anything from Thermaltake or Zalman. Thermaltake's water cooling offerings leave much to be desired and Zalman's stuff is both overpriced and doesn't perform as well as other choices.

One other thing you can tell us is what general area of the world you live in as our choices for components could vary depending on what is available to you too.

you really need to post your budget. Sadly all those parts are no good.

http://www.petrastechshop.com/pecod4.html

good kit for cpu cooling only 135. Petra is a reputable store i place many orders with them, they only sell quality WC parts. If you really want to get into water cooling you should read a couple of stickys here in the water cooling forum as a start.

Next question is do you overclock? Do have a good need for liquid cooling? Do you want silence or performance? What kind of cpu are you trying to cool and what are your current temps? Basically what do hope to achieve by water cooling.

Honestly water and extreme cooling are expensive hobbys your cash might make you happier simply upgrading. Im not trying to talk you out of water as i am an avid water supporter ive had an on and off relationship with wc over the years, been through many kits parts and diy projects, wasted tons of money trying to figure out what i want and im still not sure ;) hence it being an expensive hobby.

lol didn't realize ^^ the post was in the wrong spot :p and forgot all about the specs of my new machine.

Well first of all the specs for this machine is---
Processor: AMD Phenom 9950 Quad Core 2.6 Black Edition
Mobo: Asus CROSSHAIR-II-FORMULA
case: Thermaltake V9
Power: Zalman ZM750-HP
ram: Geil GE28GB800C4QC 8GB
HD: 320, 500GB seagate, 80GB westerndigital
Graphics: 2 9800GT 512MB

I live in Australia, it gets pretty hot were I'm around, I do allot of 3D based work so the computer gets pretty hot when I'm doing some rendering that can take for hours and some times days and other things :p, I do allot of gaming, sadly my computer is in the room with my brother and he's been complaining for one about the temp the comp makes the room and the noise, and I like over clocking my system.

the budget for the cooling is 300-400, I'm buying all my parts online because if I were to go to a comp store here all I would ever find is intel parts that I don't like, pretty standard hardware all round sadly, nothing really powerful and fast.

Also building comps is my hobbie :p got some thing like 3 already, and decided it's about time to fiddle with water cooling ^^

on the topic I saw the silverstone Tundra TD01 looks pretty nice for a first time water cooling kit and would allow me to "tinker" :p

Hehe, one thing that watercooling won't do, is remove ANY heat from the room. It just moves it more efficeintly off the water cooled parts. The room will be NO cooler.

That said, you can overclock more with good water. And make even more heat.

Please don't buy any Zalman or Thermaltake products. You'll be replacing it down the road and hopefully it won't leak all over your system when it does break.

$300+ AU will get you a decent system for WC. There are some good AU vendors that sell quality WC parts, you'll just have to find them. Hopefully one of the AU peeps will pop in and give you the links you need.

if you do a search for australia you'll find 8 pages of treads i think it was
do a quick reading tru them and you will either find places to get good parts or see the names of ppl that live there and can point you to the places by sending them a pm
as others have stated earlyer please don't get thermaltake
my experience is only from the older sets from them but they do suck and will corrode over time due to mixed metals
also to make it easyer on yourselve you should read the stickies
there is tons of things to learn there too and will make it easyer for you
oh and also welcome to the forums her it is a heck of a good place to read around and ask and learn, and a load of very knowlegded ppl who is trying to help

"Conumdrum"--I think we would all wish that water cooling could do just that, I did have the funny notion of taking my pc to the liquor store and putting it in there cool room to see how cool I could get my pc :p

"jr1"--:') he he okey okey I will not any thermaltake or zalman cooling ^^ well while I was looking about i did find a nice water cooling vendor =D http://www.koolance.com/default.php, also found some good places to buy stuff from too :p like eyo, comp Alliance and plus corp so lets see what I can find ^^.

lol all you found was another junk brand. they are making improvements but as far as i'm concerned there still not worth all the ridiculous money they want.

Swiftech, D-Tek, EK, Danger Den, feser, thermochill are the main brands you want to be looking at. i forgot some but then again its 430am.

lol all you found was another junk brand. they are making improvements but as far as i'm concerned there still not worth all the ridiculous money they want.

Swiftech, D-Tek, EK, Danger Den, feser, thermochill are the main brands you want to be looking at. i forgot some but then again its 430am.

lol those brands a hard to find :p but thanks for the help

so fare I've got 4 coolers that I like the look of and that I can afford.

Exos-LT--http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=266

Cool IT PURE--http://www.i-tech.com.au/products/34183_Cool_IT_PURE_CPU_Cooler_Extremely.aspx

Silverstone Tundra--http://www.tech4u.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=81_91&products_id=35374

Alphacool Basis-Set Eheim--http://www.foxcomp.com.au/ProductDetail.asp?ID=6199

now here's the hard part trying to decide which one to get :p

Well I'm all to new to this and it's pretty cool from what I've seen, sadly I don't have the kind of money to buy a zalman RESERATOR 1 or some thing nice like that. I have been looking about and I have seen the thermaltake Bigwater 760i, Thermaltake Tribe External Liquid CPU Cooler or the Corsair HydroCool 200EX but that would be pushing it :p

What I'm leaning more to is getting the aqua bay M2 and M3, Thermaltake P500 12V Pump and a Zalman ZM-WB4 CPU Water Block...the thing is, that I'm not 100% certain as to how well this would work but I like the look and from looking about these parts have a nice rep behind them. Also be nice to know of some other nice cheap coolign systems ^^

hey deadletter. like the others have suggested, keep away from Thermaltake,Corsair kits. If you're after a kit I would look at Coolit Systems and for a similar budget you can build your own custom. I'm in the process now of researching components for my new i7 build, however this will be my main rig used for max oc,benching and gaming and I'll be looking at spending lots of $$$$$'s to get it how I want it. I assume you are from Australia and if so I can forward you some suppliers of quality WC components (send me a PM if you want them). Although here in Australia we are limited with the variety of WC gear, you can usually source most things and if not there are a number of US based companies that will ship to Australia. good luck:beer:

hey deadletter. like the others have suggested, keep away from Thermaltake,Corsair kits. If you're after a kit I would look at Coolit Systems and for a similar budget you can build your own custom. I'm in the process now of researching components for my new i7 build, however this will be my main rig used for max oc,benching and gaming and I'll be looking at spending lots of $$$$$'s to get it how I want it. I assume you are from Australia and if so I can forward you some suppliers of quality WC components (send me a PM if you want them). Although here in Australia we are limited with the variety of WC gear, you can usually source most things and if not there are a number of US based companies that will ship to Australia. good luck:beer:

yeh ^^ I'd agree with you one how limited we are :p and on the topic of coolit I've been checking them out :p

Well you could always get just a good block swiftech gtz if you can find it, a decent pump and build a radiator out of a heatercore.

thanks for the links Masska they helped out allot and Petras has some really nice affordable stuff ^^ and they should not coast too much in Aus dollars :p and thanks all for the help every one ^^ hopefully I can put pics of my new system up some time in feb ^^

doesn't look bad at all
a very good pump and i've read good things about the block too
the rest i know nothing about
my preference would to go for the 1/2" hose but that's just for the ease of mounting and with the wormdrives it shouldn't be any problems at all
just put papertowel under all connections when you are leaktesting for extre safety
that way it's easyer to see if there is a leak and it will catch up the leak if there should be any ;-))

Good luck and don't forget to post pics/results :p

I am using a Thermaltake BigWater 745i and it is doing just fine. Do not understimate it :p

Running 64C 100% load @ 4.1Ghz 1.34Vcore

great choice, those are known good quality parts and you will not be sorry.

:p well that's good to know, I have some ideas on cooling the two 9800GT and putting in a second radiator inside the case :p water cooling is allot more fun than passive cooling.

hehe totally true it is a lot more fun and with the qualityproducts you'll get better results and a way better experience with it

good luck and have fun ;-))

Back