• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What the H$@L!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jrank001

Hello:

Sorry for the title. That is stress on my part. I built this rig. See my components on the bottom. This rig has never worked right to me. It should rip faster then heck but doesn't.

My crap Dell at work seems faster then mine. I just did a fresh reload of Vista about three weeks ago and every thing seemed fine.

Now at times I get a blue screen for no reason. My mouse arrow freezes for no reason and I can hear what sounds like the hard drive reving/winding up and then it works again.

I leave it for awhile and the screen saver comes on and when I go to shake the mouse or hit a key to get it back on it freezes up and I have to reboot. And that does not always work.

I want to take this thing out back and shoot it but I have to much invested in it. Any ideas?

This thing just does not do what you think it would with the components I have in it.

I have the latest BIOS and drivers.The only thing clocked is my memory.

this was a similar problem that i was having. Download speedfan and if your HDD's support SMART i would take a look at the values. It ended up being a dying HDD for me with Seek Error Report showing below normal.

Set the RAM back to defaults and see if the issue persists. You need to definitely establish a baseline for your system, before you jump to overclocking it. Troubleshooting while overclocked, when you may have hardware problems already is fighting a losing battle - everything should work fine on your machine at stock settings, and then its ok to try to overclock.

OK. Did all that. I have memory warnings going on. Windows memory diognostic tool ran.

Don't know how to retrieve the results. So if I have some bad memory how do I find out what stick/sticks it is?

Is there a better program I can run to test my memory?

Thanks for all the help guys

OK. Did all that. I have memory warnings going on. Windows memory diognostic tool ran.

Don't know how to retrieve the results. So if I have some bad memory how do I find out what stick/sticks it is?

Is there a better program I can run to test my memory?

Thanks for all the help guys
Take all but one stick out, run the test again. If that passes/fails, move to the next stick. Repeat process until you find all the bad ones.

Here are my memtest results. What does it mean? I'm still green in this area.

So is the memory in slot 1 & 2 of my abit board bad? There is no zero on my board.

IMG_0654.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0653.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]
IMG_0652.jpg
[/IMG]

Here are my memtest results. What does it mean? I'm still green in this area.

So is the memory in slot 1 & 2 of my abit board bad? There is no zero on my board.

IMG_0653.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]
IMG_0652.jpg
[/IMG]

It would be slots 1 and 3. (Computers dont start at 1 2 3 4 they start at 0 1 2 3) Try each stick by itself and try that.

Your processor may be having terrible temps.

Also, I would try again with Memtest86+. Because the error reporting format given by the regular Memtest86 is oddball.
It's not reporting errors in the typical way. This may be because the system is unsupported by that version of Memtest86.

you wont be able to get SMART values for the HDD's in Raid using matrix raid. If there is a problem then when you boot up and get to the matrix rom console at the bottom it will tell you if you have a problem or not.

Back