• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best OC of a P3 733

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M00CH

Hey all, just woundering if if anyone can tell what would be the best overclock i hould hope for with this chip (p3 733) on a asus p3v4x 133 board 384megs pc133 ram. i got a 120mm fan and 3 80mm fans. I can go as high as 825 air cooling (watering cooling soon)...can i hope for any higher or is this about it..

thanks for the help....

They usually hit 825 or 933.

933 is basically average but I've seen alot of people having problems hitting 933 without major voltage increasements.

Get better cooling do the vid pin and go for say 1.95 or 2v I'd put my money on it that you'd hit 933.

Cooling is a very big factor when going to 2v.

Yodums

it depends, is it a 733e or a 733eb?
i have a 700e and i easily hit 933 and i only had to put the voltage at 1.8v. i have a slot 1 alpha for cooling though. and i also have the same motherboard as you.
i would reccomend getting better cooling :)

M00CH said:
Hey all, just woundering if if anyone can tell what would be the best overclock i hould hope for with this chip (p3 733) on a asus p3v4x 133 board 384megs pc133 ram. i got a 120mm fan and 3 80mm fans. I can go as high as 825 air cooling (watering cooling soon)...can i hope for any higher or is this about it..

thanks for the help....

Check the CPU database link on the front page.

I got 925 before I gave up on one.

What are your temps under full load? this will be important if you want to go higher, temps become critical if you want the most out of your CPU. Since your running at high FSB settings cooling the northbridge will help also. Hopefully your hardware and memory will be able to hold up with the high FSB settings.

best OC P3 733

cooling is not a big prob i got a 120mm (dual volt 5/12 or it could be 7/12 anyway) sitting over the cpu ram and n/bridge ( that a big hole in the side of the case enlight case) two more 80mm intake fans one in the front and one over the pci slots. the ram is pc133 cas 3 vid is geforce 256DDR

idle temps are around 29-30 load about 40-42 not the best but not to bad either...

Back