• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI 4850, fan speed question, should be quick.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Albion72

Registered
How fast should I set my fan speed for my ATI Radeon 4850? Is there a certain number I should not go over due to instability issues?

Right now, my fan is at 37% and my card's temperature is at 70 degrees celsius.

I have never adjusted fan speeds on anything because I only recently got into adding my own hardware to PCs so I need an answer.

Thanks in advance.

How fast should I set my fan speed for my ATI Radeon 4850? Is there a certain number I should not go over due to instability issues?

Right now, my fan is at 37% and my card's temperature is at 70 degrees celsius.

I have never adjusted fan speeds on anything because I only recently got into adding my own hardware to PCs so I need an answer.

Thanks in advance.

fan speed IMO is just a noise issue. if you dont mind the humming @ 100%, i'd run it at that.

personally, i set mine @ 70%

fan speed IMO is just a noise issue. if you dont mind the humming @ 100%, i'd run it at that.

personally, i set mine @ 70%

Alright thanks. So there really is no danger of the thing getting out of control or anything?

Also, if you know anything on the issue, how far can I overclock this before it becomes unsafe? I hear a lot of people say that they overclock it as far as CCC lets them and they get no problems.... so with decent fanspeed and temperatures... can I do this too?.

Last edited:
Back