• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

It`s not there anymore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
Ok this morning I installed Windows XP. I had Windows 98S.E. on my slave I formatted but now it`s not there. I've restarted twice now and still nothing it only shows I have one hard drive.

When you boot does the post or bios show u have 2 drives? Or have you formatted the drive into fat32, ntfs, etc?

first did u go into bios and hit enter on the primary slave?got easy cd creator or adaptec direct cd?

Last edited:
Easy fix, this is most likely you're 2 HD is still foriegn to XP, do this :
- Right click on My computer.
- Choose Manage.
- Click on Disk Management.
And see what it detects, if you "FIND" your 2nd HD, but with a yellow arrow on it, click on it and import it .. then format it from there, pretty easy to you and so friendly too ..

Are you trying to cause him to lose W98? FORMAT will wipe the drive. W98 is not compatible with the NTFS format. It will only work with FAT.

If you formatted your slave AFTER you had W98SE on there, then it will not be there because you wiped the drive clean.

If you only formatted your master, and the slave was left alone, then XP/2000 should be able to at least see the drive.

Which is it?

Thanks Pacino. I did like you said and there it was, but there was no yellow there it just showed it there and instead of having a Blue fill line it had a black one. Thanks a alot man.

lennytiger said:
NTFS doesn't like FAT32 at all, so thats your prob! ;)

Where do you get that idea from?

It's true that NTFS is not backwards compatible with FAT32, in that a FAT32 system, such as windows 98, cannot see the NTFS file system. But an NTFS system, such as 2K or XP can see and use FAT32 drives with no problem at all.

Back