• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it worth it to water cool the mosfets?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Steven-1979

I'm putting together a wc setup. Decided to wc the NB since I'm running 1.4+v through it (intel's max is 1.2v) ... I was wondering if it's worth it to also wc the mosfet? I'm running a fsb of 500 and planning to push it more once I get the wc setup. I hear the higher your fsb is at the more stress there is on the mosfet?? But I've also been told it's almost never an issue and even people that run LN2 or Phase Change rarely need to worry about it. Obviously adding 2 extra waterblocks for the mosfet would add more restriction etc (not to mention the extra cost). My mobo comes with nice heatsinks on them already. If someone is planning on pushing (hopefully) 533+ fsb, would it be worth it to wc the mosfets or is it not even something to worry about.

I wouldnt worry about it. So long as the factory HS is on them and you have good case airflow.

Back