• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sticky Shift key on G15! I'm out of warranty, how do i fix it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LuminoZ

So yeah, my trusty G15, AKA the best keyboard I've ever owned decided to devolp a sticky shift key this week. the key only sticks if I press the right edge of the key, which suggests that something is stuck in there. I've taken the thing to the air compressor and given the keyboard a detailed cleaning, but to no avail. I called logitech, and they can't do anything without a credit card.

So I'm wondering is there a way take the keys off on this thing?

any other cleaning ideas?

You can just pop the key off. The bigger keys, shift included have a little metal bracket thing that kinda looks like this |_____| which can be a small pain to get back on the first time you do it, but once you do it a few times, it's not so bad. But yeah, the key's just pop right off. Get something small and flat, and pry up.

sweet! that fixed it! the metal bar had some crud on it that i cleaned off, and things are prefect now. thanks!

Back