• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FOXConn Bloodrage X58

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chawks2

Have to say big fan of this board and awaiting some company. First off, the board is crazy sexy. 775 socket cooling is 100% ++++ IDLE 42. Here are some pics w/my Scythe etc. OC's to come.

FOXCONN.LOVER.01.JPG
FOXCONN.LOVER.02.JPG
FOXCONN.LOVER.03.JPG
FOXCONN.LOVER.04.JPG
=======================================================
Look at the memory spacing here. These tall RAM no likey my Scythe
=======================================================
FOXCONN.LOVER.05.JPG
FOXCONN.LOVER.06.JPG

Last edited:
Thats one sweet looking board! The ram overclocking is supposed to be a beast. Looking forward to see how you make out with it.

Foxconn was brilliant to include 775 mounting..... that may net them a few extra thousand sales alone. Looks like a very solidly performing board from the few guys I've seen playing with those. Not sure yet if I will grab one of these....still weighing the options atm.

Enjoy the new toy chawks2 :D ... benches coming soon?

the mounting comes with the motherboard ? wow !
I didn't realize that - that's great news and good to know ...

I'm getting 28C IDLE AS 5 + w/Sycthe 775, benchies coming soon. Promise. :thup:

Last edited:
wow, so this is an i7 board with 775 mounting holes? does that mean I could use my fuzion block on this board?

maybe, i heard some guy at xtremesystem.org said even though it has lga755 hole, but he still has to get a backplate for his gtx/gtz in order to fit it.

can someone (thread starter maybe) explain if it's really a 775 holes setup , or
a bracket that comes with the motherboard ?

Sorry guys, been dealing with some issues with drivers on this board. The SAS controller was kind of a pain to get going with WDS. It occupied my time too long, until I realized I had a Realtek driver conflict.

Additionally, the F6 disk utility provided does not properly create a driver disk. Worked that issue out with the old $OEM$\TEXTMODE trick.

K, back to the 775 bracket. I had no problem with my 775 mounting because my Scythe doesnt have a backplate. It may be difficult, NOT impossible to work around the 1366 bracket (about 1/8" tall). See below pic:

FOXCONN.LOVER.07.jpg

Here are some BIOS screenies. Still reading before I start cooking. Newest version of SETFSB is supposed to work, but I'm not having much success. :rolleyes:

FBR.BIOS.08.jpg
FBR.BIOS.01.jpg
FBR.BIOS.02.jpg
==================================================
OC profiles are a nice addition to this board. However, it would be nice to make up your own names for the OCs then the ones FOXCONN provides.
FBR.BIOS.07.jpg
Settings below are in a different section of the BIOS, "PC Health" - which is a bit of a bummer having to go back and forth between menus.
FBR.BIOS.05.jpg
FBR.BIOS.04.jpg

Welp, I have to say I am experiencing strange issues on the SAS controller when oc'ing this board.

When changing the vcore, it loses my drives. Sometimes the Marvell controller comes back with CTL + ALT + DEL, but mostly the QF button sets it right.

Able to get 190 x 19 @ 920. 10.2 1M SPI

vCPU - 1.36 actual (+90)
vVTT - 1.20 actual (+100)
vIOH - 1.12 actual (Default)

Havent been able to get anything more stable. Still cooking..

board looks great, but the fact that it only has 3 RAM slots kills it for me :(
but a beautiful board, doesn't having both 1366 and the 775 mounting holes in there make it a little fragile? i get the feeling that if you tighten it a bit too hard it might break...

Altho I can not confirm 100%, it appears the RAID set is disabled once another RAID set is available.

The following settings are the ONLY successful way to enable RAID/AHCI
on the ICH10 chipset:

SATA MODE = RAID/ACHI
ONBOARD IDE + eSATA chip = IDE/DISABLED
ONBOARD SAS CHIP = DISABLED

Once you enable the SAS ctrl with these settings, it appears to put everything on the JMICRON.

Maybe, future BIOS could possibly fix?

Last edited:
K guys here are some screens of CNM Everest, RAID perf on each controller, and stable OC on air.

FBR.Everest.CNM.CAS8.01.jpg
FBR.Stable.190x20.OC.01.jpg
FBR.hd.tune.RAID0.Intel.01.jpg
hd.tune.RAID0.Marvell.jpg
FBR.hd.tune.SAS.01.jpg.png

Last edited:
i sitll prefer the ASUS Rampage II Extreme in both looks and performance, also the 4 PCIe slots are a complete waste as you can only really use 2 for dual slot graphics card set ups, so no option of tri-SLI/CF.

i like the North-bridge cooling options but common, an IDE socket, that's dead tech which no-one should be using. The 3 RAM slots also means no option for 12GB RAM as we have to wait for larger capacity modules because we only have a maximum of 2GB per stick meaning only 6GB RAM is possible for this board at the moment.

Had some spare time, FINALLY, and was able to crack a hard egg. 215 BCLK+ here I come. sub-10s 1M on air. Temps are a bit high, but seriously considering a new project.

FBR.210x20.SPI.01.jpg

Back