• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win Xp Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pdwight

Registered
Well I reinstalled my OS on my Dragon plus and yes it is working better.Thanks everyone!!!!

I tried to upgrade to XP Pro and I get a continual reboot on my system. The XP starts installation , copies the software and then when it reboots and shows the Neat XP screen with the little activity bar at the bottom (it goes across about 5 times) it reboots and does the same thing...I have let it do this for 2 hours and it never gets anywhere. I have my harddrives and CD ROMS on master select instead of cable select, I have tried to install it from the CD and copying the install CD to a folder and installing it that way.....no go!!!

I have pretty much a clean system as I formatted my hardirve this weekend and reinstalled. Thanks for any input.

Soyo Dragon Plus , 256 meg. DDR RAM , VooDoo 5 AGP card. Adaptec 2940 SCSI card(yes I tried it without it also)

Thanks
Dwight P:eh?:

Umm...the first time it asks you to reboot during setup...do you remove the CD from your drive so it won't boot from the CD again? You should let it boot from your hard drive once the first phase of file copying is complete.

Didn't boot from CD

The first time, doing an upgrade. The Bios is set to boot to Harddrive 0 first.

Back