• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

w00t! Hit my 4.3 goal!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I could see it stable. My E0 e8400 is stable at 1.416vCore @ 4.4ghz. Very nice, keep going :D

definitely stable. Been running prime for a few hours now =). Ive even dropped the vcore down a few notches.

What im most impressed with is the ram. Its running 1:1 at stock vdimm (1.8v) vdimm. 900mhz out of cheap 800mhz ram... yes please!

Jon I set my NB to 1.4 and Zigg, yes, the xms2, non dominator kit that Jon linked.

ok new question:

Is there any advantage to dropping my multiplier down?

Also, I would assume Id be able to downclock my ram dividers in order to be able to ramp up my FSB... how do I do this? It seems to only let me go as low as 1:1

you drop the multiplier when you want higher FSB, to run 1:1 with ram , you can't go
lower from 1:1 ...

ok new question:

Is there any advantage to dropping my multiplier down?

Also, I would assume Id be able to downclock my ram dividers in order to be able to ramp up my FSB... how do I do this? It seems to only let me go as low as 1:1

I dont mean to sound like an ***, but do you know how ratios work?

1:1 would mean 100mhz on the CPU is also 100mhz on the ram.
5:4 would mean 500mhz on the CPU but only 400mhz on the ram.

I dont mean to sound like an ***, but do you know how ratios work?

1:1 would mean 100mhz on the CPU is also 100mhz on the ram.
5:4 would mean 500mhz on the CPU but only 400mhz on the ram.

exactly. I know that. at stock Im at 333 fsb but 400 ram frequency. Thats 5:6

right now Im at 1:1, I want to ramp up the fsb, that means i have to change the divider, right?

To IOS&M: On my old asus 939 board i could downclock the ram so i could raise the HTT. Youre saying you cant do that on an intel based board? I highly doubt thats the case. Right out of the box with cpuz you see a 270mhz speed. that tells me its possible. because 270mhz is definitely not 1:1

Last edited:
Asus boards won't let you go lower than 1:1. From what I've read, there is very little difference from dropping the multi and upping your FSB. It will be better, but not by much. I didn't notice a difference going from 442x9.5 I was at to the 525x8 I'm at now. Only did it to get my ram running closer to it's rated speed of 1066.

To IOS&M: On my old asus 939 board i could downclock the ram so i could raise the HTT. Youre saying you cant do that on an intel based board? I highly doubt thats the case. Right out of the box with cpuz you see a 270mhz speed. that tells me its possible. because 270mhz is definitely not 1:1

That 270 mhz (i'm assuming you mean the one in your screen shot) is the SPD for you ram at 270 mhz which can be done 1:1 on an Intel board. A 1066 FSB chip like my Q6600 would run the ram at 266 1:1 at stock speeds.

The 939's had more use for the ratio's lower than 1:1 as most ram at the time was running 1:1 with the HTT. with current intels most ram has to run a ratio higher than 1:1 to reach full speed. Not the best explanation but gets the point across I hope, maybe someone else can word it better than I can.

hi rugscrubber
im running a similar settup to you - e8500 on a p5q deluxe
its at 3.818ghz @ 1.376v fsb@ 402mhz*9.5
this is 100% stable on prime
just lookin at yours - 4.3@ 1.416v fsb@ 453*9.5
im wantin to oc more now to bout 4ghz would be nice - ive not tried it yet because this oc took soooooooooooooooooo long to get stable!!! didnt want to ruin it! - u recon if i go 425*9.5 @ 1.4v this would work easy???

I was stuck at the same wall. try bumping up your NB voltage a notch and see if that helps. Thats where my problem lied. Once I did that.. as I said... she took off. Still workin on goin higher =)

mine is at 1.4v, I was unable to do anything more than a +40 FSB increase at 1.3v (which is the minimum setting on my board)

Last edited:
Back