• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Make Grub boot an iso

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shelnutt2

Overclockers Team Content Editor
Is it possible to make grub boot an iso? Well I know it is possible but how? I've found several threads on various forums and most point to the gentoo wiki, which as you know has lost it's database. No one actually quoted how to. I'm out of CD's, and I just want to make grub load a cd so I can boot a minimal install cd from gentoo to install a 64 bit gentoo install. Debian is nice and it's my 32bit play land but I need F@H SMP in 64bit.

I would just simply chroot and install from within my debian system, but see the thing is I want to use the reiser4 fs, for my /. I've already got it formated but it seems that there is not way to mount a reiser4 fs in debian unless I compile the kernel by hand. I just don't want to do that if I can avoid it. Debian isn't gentoo, and I'll stick with the debian way of kernel and modules from apt. Gentoo is were you get down and dirty ;).

Thanks

flash drive worked wonders.

I was running debian not Gentoo, and even in a chrooted environment I'd of had to bootstrap everything, and simpler just to put the minimal 64bit on a flash drive.

Back