• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win7 doesn't allow FF in start menu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trombe

Maybe I'm just going crazy, but I have been playing around with Windows7 beta, and no matter what I do, it won't allow Firefox to show up in the 'most recently/used programs' list when you hit the start button. Even clearing everything off the list, firefox is the only program that won't get tacked on.

I've noticed in all versions of windows some programs will get put in the recently used list if you so much as look at it, while others will NEVER make it on the list even if you use it every day.

ffdesktop.jpg

I think it depends where you launch the program from. I use Chrome most of the time, but it dosent go to the start menu, but I run FF from the desktop, so it goes to the start menu.

Not sure why would that be. I've got FF tacked on there (latest build but worked on previous too). Just unpinned/pinned again to make sure but all is well.

just put it in your quick launch bar :p
i put msn, wmp, ff, the aero glide thing to switch programs, and sidebar.

then i use all my G keys for my Programs folder, Games folder etc.

i have no icons on my screen :thup: (cept for Recyclin Bin and a notepad document).

boots faster as well :santa:

mydesktop.jpg

EDIT: i kinda got off topic, but my main point was, can you put it in your Quick launch bar? if W7 has one.

Last edited:
The Windows 7 start bar is pretty much all quick launch. When you have a program running you can right click it and tell it to always stay on the start bar. It's pretty much exactly like the OSX dock... except you can right click without your keyboard.

just put it in your quick launch bar :p
i put msn, wmp, ff, the aero glide thing to switch programs, and sidebar.

then i use all my G keys for my Programs folder, Games folder etc.

i have no icons on my screen :thup: (cept for Recyclin Bin and a notepad document).

boots faster as well :santa:

EDIT: i kinda got off topic, but my main point was, can you put it in your Quick launch bar? if W7 has one.

Back