• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

scandisk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chief

At times my win98se is hanging on shutdown and i have to do a hard shutdown.When I restart scandisk runs and the only error that shows is under file system which says free space was reported incorrectly and was fixed.Cant point to when this started but when it does its normally after I have clear my cookies/temp/recents and internet temp folders after surfing.Any ideas ?

Yeah, I had this happen a few time too. If it persists, it can cause real trouble. Lost sectors and such. Always take your time when it is restoring or fixing a problem.
I blew through a couple of "fix" screens, and lost data on my D,E,F,G,H, & I Drives :mad: - My Mistake.

Run Maintence Wizard and let it go through its paces. Do that like 3 days in a row. Regclean is another good one to run, just to make sure things are doing ok.

Good Luck and take your time with it.

:cool:

Win98se did that to me after I updated DirectX. I had to reinstall.

Back