• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stargate: The Last Stand release this weekend!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jediobi1

got this from their home page

By Michiel - Posted on January 12th, 2009

Over the past 6 months Interwave Studios has picked Stargate: The Last Stand back off its feet and rejuvenated the whole game with all new higher quality content so after many months of hard work we are proud to announce that this weekend we are going to release the first built of Stargate: The Last Stand. The game will be available for free for all HL2 owners and is entirely based on the newest source orange box engine.

Due to an agreement with MGM, who owns the license for Stargate, Stargate: The Last Stand will not be available via the steam network, but will be available via web download from several mirrors

After testing, we have made Stargate: The Last Stand compatible with the current versions of SourceMod to aid server administrators to be able to use ingame admin commands and plugins and we are currently working to make Stargate: The Last Stand compatible with the HLstatsX system so that you can get your players ranked ingame.

Res Ipsa Loqutor, I hope you enjoy what we've put together for you. So see you guys in game!!

i cant wait its going to be awesome!!!!!

Oo the original they had going didn't seem so great, but if they redid it I am definitely excited!

Downloading .... but slowly too . Only at 150 KB/s ????

*edit*

Lost connection ...restarted on USA again @ about 450 KB/s or so .

Last edited:
i will be downloading and playing when most of the people here are at school or work lol but i cant wait been waiting for this for a long time, now we just need blackmesa source

Well I played through 4 rounds on 2 maps, the SGC Lockdown map and Abydos. Played both sides and all classes. Has a lot of potential but I need a server with better ping. There was only 2 servers up, both Steamfriends and both are EU servers. I had a ping of around 140-150. Game was about 70% smooth, but I can't give a good review till a US server comes up.

There is a USA server up now.

Figures I would see this right after it finishes.

Update: Just played a few rounds (I think theres only 1 server up) and I like it. Large detailed maps plus the objectives cause the rounds to last a while, which is one of the reasons I don't play CS.

Last edited:
Well I played through 4 rounds on 2 maps, the SGC Lockdown map and Abydos. Played both sides and all classes. Has a lot of potential but I need a server with better ping. There was only 2 servers up, both Steamfriends and both are EU servers. I had a ping of around 140-150. Game was about 70% smooth, but I can't give a good review till a US server comes up.

well it was the same way when i played stargate maps on css with people from their forums, it was euro but it was fun as hell

Downloaded, prolly wont get a chance to go on tonight but tomorrow definitely!

Steamfriends has a US server up now, I played with about 18 people. Game was meh. I think now I can give a legit review.

All my lag issues were due to high latency. With a nice low ping of 68ms, the game play was smooth, and with everything on high an 4x AA, I was getting over 40 FPS, so the maps seem well made.

Now gameplay wise, the staff, wrist, and Zat weapons take some getting use to, but you'll quickly get the hang of them. There rate of fire is different, but I feel it's accurate. Grenades are done pretty well, they are effective and the stun ones work decently. The objectives could use some work though. They are not fluid, and not easy to follow.

Compared to a lot of other mods I've played for the source engine, this was disappointing. It just doesn't have fluid gameplay. The release feels haphazard. They didn't even have the config file set for key maping. So you had to manually map all the keys minus the standard wasd and mouse controls.

Also from reading the forums it doesn't seem like the devs are going to be putting a lot of more time in this, they have other projects they want to work on. I just wish that mods would post their source code, because then others could pick it up and go. There is a whole heck of a lot of untapped potential. If I knew issues would be fixed and the gameplay would be more fluid I'd be all for it.

I think comparing this to the Insurgency mod is almost a fair comparison. It took a long time for Insurgency to come out, and when it did, it was great, but there were some bugs, week later patch came out and the game was damn near perfect in terms of being a mod.

I had hopes, and well they just weren't met. I'll keep watching and waiting though, with some playing.

Back