• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need A New Fan CPU cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spazztic_Killer

I had watercooling and i have more troubles with the cooling and mobo and parts then i care to say. So i was wondering what kind of fan&Heatsink cooler is a really could one that would keep my cpu cool???

Depends on budget. You can start with Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme or Noctua NH-U12P and end with Zerotherm Zen or HDT based (Xigmatek, Sunbeam Core Contact, OCZ Vendetta2 for example).
Between you have Scythe coolers (Ninja 2, Mugen, Andy Samurai Master, Orochi horror), Tuniq Tower, Coolermaster Z600/V8 and others.

Anyway I strongly suggest to take one with backplate mounting or at least to purchase a separate backplate mounting kit (TR Bolt-Thru, Scythe Stabilizer, Xigmatek Crossbow).

Hmm let's back up a bit... For a more specific response in terms of make/model, tell us:

1. Rate the following factors to give us some perspective, in order of importance to you:
A) Minimized cost
B) Performance
C) Lack-of-noise

2. What is your budget?

For example... me, I'd be something like C,A,B. I'd be happy to spend a little extra to get a heatsink that allows me to passively cool (silence), understanding I may not get every last bit of performance out of my CPU, but I'm not gonna blow the bank on a heatsink regardless, so I set the budget-factor in the middle.

Some years ago when I started posting here, I was much more like B,A,C - Didn't care if I blew my ears out and was willing to spend extra to do so if it meant more performance.

Most of my friends and family who could care less about what is inside the box would probably fall under A,C,B. Stock heatsinks are the easy solution for this profile.

Last edited:
I would say go for a Xigmatek heatsink. They cool amazingly effectively for the price. (dont forget a bolt-though kit and backplate)

+2 for xigmatek. i have had one for a bit now and it does the job well. make sure u get the back plate.

Back