• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weights and Measures according to Newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Atomic Dawg

Apparently, the ORANGE finish weighs more than the RED finish but not as much as the PURPLE finish. Also of interest, the RED drive is slightly wider than the ORANGE or PURPLE drive. I guess it's no surprise that the ORANGE drive works better than the RED drive and significantly better than the PURPLE drive. Fascinating...

neweggpassport.png

actually in order of weight it goes...

Orange .4lb = 6.4oz
Purple ---- = 6.35oz
Red ------ = 4.8oz

Hey, you're right nd4spdbh2! Good catch!

For the most part, I posted this as a joke. It's semi humourous seeing the same product with different weights, sizes and ratings when the only thing that varies is the color. However, it really shows some weakness in Newegg's software. You would think Newegg's software would create a "master" part number for these drives and then create child part number that vary one or more attributes to keep things more consistent. Instead, we see essentially the same item listed with different weights using lbs. and oz., two with a list of features and one without, diffent dimensions, etc.

I think Newegg needs to hire me as a ERP / web / database consultant. Alex, give me a call! HHOSS (Ha Ha Only Semi Serious)

Western Digital must have an idiot in their marketing department... A Viola is a string instrument. Violet is a color...

See, "red" has fewer letters in it so it weights less, "orange" and "purple" have the same number of letters so their weight is close, but the "l" in "purple" is a thin letter which means that orange has just a bit more weight to it. Pretty simple if you think about it.

I don't know... I just can't make up my mind between the 250GB and 320GB versions. I haven't done the math yet, but I think the 250GB version is the better value. What do you think?

neweggpassport2.png

I don't know... I just can't make up my mind between the 250GB and 320GB versions. I haven't done the math yet, but I think the 250GB version is the better value. What do you think

I think Best Buy would love to have you on the sales floor.

Back