Notices

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > Forum Feedback
Forum Feedback Likes and Gripes about the Forums. No Post Count.
Forum Jump

access privledges revoked!?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 01-15-09, 02:12 AM Thread Starter   #1
Aztroth

access privledges revoked!?

so, I was just wondering what I did, or who I ****ed off, cuz I have lost access to the classies, AND I can't post any topics in a few of the forums.
Aztroth is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-15-09, 03:31 AM   #2
mbigna

10 Year Badge

This probably should be handled via email, but there are several stickies that contain rules for classified access. First of all, you need 100 USEFUL (non-spam) posts.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=429212

Old 01-15-09, 08:23 AM   #3
I.M.O.G.
Glorious Leader

10 Year Badge

You have a hotmail email address - our classies forbid generic email accounts and there are no warnings, you just lose access until you get a legitimate email address associated with your account. Refer to mbigna's post, and PM silversinksam or krag and they will remove your restrictions unless there are other reasons you have been restricted.

Actually, the warning you get is expected to be the classifieds rules we publish and you have hopefully read. Regardless, just sort it out and let silversinksam know and you should get your access back.

Put your computer to work for our OC Forum Teams!
Try out our POST TEMPLATES, they save you time answering common questions!

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.
I.M.O.G. is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-15-09, 10:51 AM Thread Starter   #4
Aztroth

that still doesn't cover why I can't post in the oc member forum...
Old 01-15-09, 11:43 AM   #5
I.M.O.G.
Glorious Leader

10 Year Badge

Which is the OC member forum?

Probably a side-effect of being in the no-classifieds group, but you'll have to be specific about the forum name your referencing... We have GD, O/Community, GCRD, etc.

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.
I.M.O.G. is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-15-09, 12:20 PM Thread Starter   #6
Aztroth

the community forum...
Old 01-15-09, 12:24 PM   #7
rainless
Old Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztroth View Post
the community forum...
Because it's a discussion forum.

Public Email Address=No access to discussion forums.

As for who you ****ed off... we can start with ME.

Although I'm not really ****ed at you... just kinda cold.

...and I suppose that isn't really your fault.

I just live in Chicago. (Which I am blaming you for.)

Asus P5Q Pro 2002m @ 515x9 .63x 1.52
OCZ Fatal1ty Edition 4GB DDR2 5-4-4-18 @ 2.18v w/OCZ XTC Ram Cooler
Corsair 750TX PSU
Sparkle 260 GTX (65nm, 216) 696c 1512s 999mem
BLOCK: Swiftech Apogee GTZ RAD: BIXII REZ: MCRES-Micro rev2 PUMP: Pondmaster 750 FAN: 2 HS Yates CONTROLLER: Modified Evercool WC-202
rainless is online now   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-15-09, 12:45 PM   #8
I.M.O.G.
Glorious Leader

10 Year Badge

After investigating, SSS confirmed that shouldn't have happened and went ahead to change some settings for you... After reauthenticating to the forum (logout/login), you should have that access back.

We don't restrict public emails from the discussion forums any longer, or atleast I can't find anything saying we do. There used to be some restrictions in that regard, but I don't believe we've held onto that as new free email account services have came around.

And I'm in Cleveland, where the only thing going worse than the weather is our local economy. I blame rainless for both.

Old 01-15-09, 01:02 PM   #9
rainless
Old Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.M.O.G. View Post
After investigating, SSS confirmed that shouldn't have happened and went ahead to change some settings for you... After reauthenticating to the forum (logout/login), you should have that access back.

We don't restrict public emails from the discussion forums any longer, or atleast I can't find anything saying we do. There used to be some restrictions in that regard, but I don't believe we've held onto that as new free email account services have came around.

And I'm in Cleveland, where the only thing going worse than the weather is our local economy. I blame rainless for both.
Which is why I should be mayor of cleveland!

Asus P5Q Pro 2002m @ 515x9 .63x 1.52
OCZ Fatal1ty Edition 4GB DDR2 5-4-4-18 @ 2.18v w/OCZ XTC Ram Cooler
Corsair 750TX PSU
Sparkle 260 GTX (65nm, 216) 696c 1512s 999mem
BLOCK: Swiftech Apogee GTZ RAD: BIXII REZ: MCRES-Micro rev2 PUMP: Pondmaster 750 FAN: 2 HS Yates CONTROLLER: Modified Evercool WC-202
rainless is online now   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-15-09, 02:29 PM Thread Starter   #10
Aztroth

ok, its back... YAY! lol... I just like looking at the deals and picking anything up if I might need it. I was just surprised to log in and find that it was all gone.
Old 01-15-09, 02:31 PM   #11
I.M.O.G.
Glorious Leader

10 Year Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainless View Post
Which is why I should be mayor of cleveland!
Job requirements:

-Ineptitude - this doesn't need to be in specific focus-areas, generalized ineptitude across functional areas is sufficient
-indifference - while talking about progress is good, enacting progressive public programs is frowned upon
-clowns - there are plenty of unemployed people around cleveland, but I don't remember the last time I saw a clown - this problem could solve itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztroth View Post
ok, its back... YAY! lol... I just like looking at the deals and picking anything up if I might need it. I was just surprised to log in and find that it was all gone.
Glad its fixed.

Old 01-15-09, 02:42 PM   #12
Enablingwolf
Senior Member overclocking at the speed of plaid

10 Year Badge

Quote:
Job requirements:

-Ineptitude - this doesn't need to be in specific focus-areas, generalized ineptitude across functional areas is sufficient
-indifference - while talking about progress is good, enacting progressive public programs is frowned upon
-clowns - there are plenty of unemployed people around cleveland, but I don't remember the last time I saw a clown - this problem could solve itself

If you live in Brookpark. One req is that you must get sloshed drunk. To sleep in residents bushes. I still chucklez every time I think of that. Imagine if you found your mayor drunk and nakkie in your bushes. hahahhaa

Why I live in Strongsville. Close enough for a front row seat, but far enough where the crap doesn't hit me.

No one ever expects Aloysius Snuffleupagus

Enablingwolf is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-15-09, 02:50 PM   #13
I.M.O.G.
Glorious Leader

10 Year Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enablingwolf View Post
If you live in N. Olmstead. One req is that you must get sloshed drunk. To sleep in residents bushes. I still chucklez every time I think of that. Imagine if you found your mayor drunk and nakkie in your bushes. hahahhaa

Why I live in Strongsville. Close enough for a front row seat, but far enough where the crap doesn't hit me.
While the homeless I'm familiar with typically sleep under the bridges or around abandoned structures, in the less than 5 years I've worked downtown I did see a homeless guy crapping in a bush on the sidewalk once (bushes behind this bus shelter) I just detoured thru the parking lot rather than pass-by... you know, wanted to respect his privacy and all.

That's in the warehouse district by the way... If you ask anyone who knows anything about Cleveland, that's where they would typically direct tourists for hot nightlife spots. Just don't step in the poop!

Cleveland also has a lot of good things going for it, but its just easier to rip on it.

Old 01-15-09, 02:58 PM   #14
Enablingwolf
Senior Member overclocking at the speed of plaid

10 Year Badge

Quote:
Cleveland also has a lot of good things going for it, but its just easier to rip on it.
Sure is, but there is a lot of neat hidden perks living in the area. Why I jump on the 51x to visit up there. I love taking pics in the city. VERY photogenic place, plus the food is just kickass.

No one ever expects Aloysius Snuffleupagus

Enablingwolf is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-15-09, 04:01 PM   #15
Thelemac
Administratively Deficient

10 Year Badge

You wouldn't be able to start a new thread in O/Community anyway. Only Seniors, Mods and Admins can do that.

*click*
Thelemac is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-26-09, 02:15 AM   #16
orionlion82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelemac View Post
You wouldn't be able to start a new thread in O/Community anyway. Only Seniors, Mods and Admins can do that.
ive started plenty of threads there as i remember.
i am none of the above.

are you sure the button is just not broken and no one wants to fix it?
i would take that angle.

dying forum and everyone wants to jump ship instead of fix it right.
sad. writing is on the wall i guess.
orionlion82 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-26-09, 06:15 AM   #17
torin3

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionlion82 View Post
i am none of the above.
However it wasn't that long ago they decided to restrict the new threads option to keep it from turning into another general chat type board.

Quote:
i would take that angle.
I wouldn't:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCForums
torin3, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Looks like a clearly set restriction to me.

Quote:
I see some people say this, but I don't get it. I check in just about every day and if I don't there are over 20 pages of new posts and I just can't keep up with it.

Folding User Stats
BTC: 12CMeZKPnCg7nV5vgP57vSjSyshrMm67Tk
torin3 is offline Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-26-09, 06:36 AM   #18
David
Forums Super Moderator
Overclockers.com Lead Editor

Location: Hiding from Americans and making pretty colours in a drybox in St Andrews

10 Year Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionlion82 View Post
i am none of the above.

i would take that angle.

It wasn't always that way, it was changed. Due mainly to people posting crap in there, or stuff that should go elsewhere.

The Workhorse: [Lenovo W510] Intel Core i7-720QM / 8 GB DDR3 / nVidia Quadro FX880M / Crucial M4 256 GB SSD / Windows 7
The HTPC/Server: AMD Phenom X4 9650 / 6 GB DDR2 / nVidia 8300 / 5 TB of HDDs / Antec Solo II Case / Windows 7
The Gaming Rig: AMD Llano A6-3650 / 4 GB DDR3 / nVidia GTX260 / 2x 500 GB HDD in RAID0 / Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Case / Windows 7
The Benchmarking Setup: Various LGA775 chips / Asus Rampage Formula / 2 GB OCZ 1066 MHz DDR2 / nVidia Quadro NVS 285 / 320 GB HDD / Windows 7

My research fellowship is eating all my time, so I may be slow to reply to emails and private messages.
David is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-26-09, 05:43 PM   #19
gomerpile
Disabled

Quote:
While the homeless I'm familiar with typically sleep
Quote:
under the bridges
or around abandoned structures, in the less than 5 years I've worked downtown I did see a homeless guy crapping in a bush on the sidewalk once (bushes behind this bus shelter) I just detoured thru the parking lot rather than pass-by... you know, wanted to respect his privacy and all.

That's in the warehouse district by the way... If you ask anyone who knows anything about Cleveland, that's where they would typically direct tourists for hot nightlife spots. Just don't step in the poop!
Friggen TROLLS
TROLLER
TROLL

gomerpile is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-26-09, 09:11 PM   #20
Thelemac
Administratively Deficient

10 Year Badge

Great Lakes Brewing Company, for example. And the awesome market across the street.

*click*
Thelemac is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > Forum Feedback
Forum Feedback Likes and Gripes about the Forums. No Post Count.