• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5n-D & Q8200 92C ? ? ? ? ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eddyg519

hey guys i flashed the bios with some help and now im just prime95 stress testing. I have all four cores running stock and this thing is smoking!! not literally but is 92C safe? ive never seen anything that high... like i said...totally stock settings and stock hsf... should i remound or?

best regards,
eddy

I would stop stress testing it asap. There must be some problem with the way the heatsink or thermal paste was put on.

yea there should be no way even on stock cooling. That a 45nm quad would/should be at 75c idle.

Ok I'm going to take the heat sink off and remount it hopefully that helps if that doesn't work should I worry about the chip or the motherboard? Is it possible I got a bad CPU?

no it isnt possible to get a bad cpu, unless you bought it second hand. that person oced it and applied way beyond what we would use for voltage on air/water. yes i would worry about the cpu at 75c idle...

No it's new from ncix I didn't get around to remountinf it I was shopping all day ($2500 bed :-/ ) I'll try a bit more paste and I'll probally order an aftermarket hsf if that doesn't work

No it's new from ncix I didn't get around to remountinf it I was shopping all day ($2500 bed :-/ ) I'll try a bit more paste and I'll probally order an aftermarket hsf if that doesn't work

Man, I would sleep on the floor before I spent $2500 on a bed, I could buy alot of OCing gear for that price

getting an aftermarket HS would be a good idea, but isn't going to help that much. Be sure to use the proper amount of paste as too much can be as bad as too little.

I'd like to get a kit for when I add a second 9800gtx in there but I'll try the paste and let everyone know

And if I didn't shop with my gf I'd have 4 new rigs and a 400$ bed LOL

wow is you heatsink on properly? what thermal paste r ya using?
On my rig i get 45C idle and 60C load i thought that was high, Seriously check your voltages in the bios and make sure theyre not too high

Your heatsink can't be seated properly. Even if you used no paste it shouldn't be that hot. Get yourself some good paste and a decent after market cooler. I also have a P5N-D and for a budget board it really does O/C great.

hey guys!

So my Q8200 is STILL alive around 90C~ but I heard of this Headsink: http://ncix.com/products/?sku=19079&vpn=CNPS9500 AT&manufacture=ZALMAN TECH

that is a bolt in CPU heatstink (has brackets that you bolt the hsf into).

Has anyone used this on a 775? I think im going to give it a try and see if I can get my temps down to a normal amount and fullfil my dream of actually OC'ing this chip LOL

Back