• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista 64 - 500gb HD seen as an HD CD/DVD Drive?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OldSkool

Rest In Peace
I'll toss up a SS later tonight if it helps, but WTF?! I just installed this in my g/f rig (IP35-E, Q6600, Vista 64-bit, 8gb Ram) Does anyone know why this is going on? I installed a 1Tb drive on my rig(see sig) and had no issues whatsoever. I'm totally lost :confused:

Thank you in advance guys!

Post a pic. of the Disk Management console w/ all of the installed drives viewable, and possibly one w/ Device Manager open and "Disk drives" expanded.

I don't know where that is exactly, I can't find it, but here's a few Bios SS and the way it's reading in windows:

4-2.jpg
3-2.jpg
2-3.jpg
1-3.jpg

Pics taken on my iPhone :)

Edit - I just realized as well, I don't have a floppy A: Drive! :confused:

Nope, this is a very basic use Q6600 system(Shhhh). It's the g/f's rig and it makes her happy; you married guys know what I'm talkin' about. Anyway, she uses AIM, and burns music and whatnot on it, it doesn't even game much at all.

Ok that's going to take a while, I'll update in the mornign when it's done. I'm thinking that'll do the trick though. Thank you very much Redduc!

Back