• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DAMN EVGA STEP UP QUEUE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

atm743

well i got my 280 around Christmas time, though once the 285 comes out i can step up and i can. only costing me shipping :) but here's the kicker

Next Step: Waiting In Queue: #100

:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head

yeah, i don't think ill be getting my 285 anytime soon. i know its not that big of a boost, but hey 5-10 fps is 5-10 fps :D. my card is overclocked to what the 285 is at stock. plus uses ALLOT less power :)

i would go for the 295 but I have a P35 mobo so that means no sli for me :(

well i got my 280 around Christmas time, though once the 285 comes out i can step up and i can. only costing me shipping :) but here's the kicker

Next Step: Waiting In Queue: #100

:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head

yeah, i don't think ill be getting my 285 anytime soon. i know its not that big of a boost, but hey 5-10 fps is 5-10 fps :D. my card is overclocked to what the 285 is at stock. plus uses ALLOT less power :)

i would go for the 295 but I have a P35 mobo so that means no sli for me :(

you would still be able to use the 295, since it's internal sli and its really only a 1 pci express slot card with the 2 slot cooler

This is absolutely true, you would still be able to use the GTX295 to its full potential on that P35, but you wouldn't be able to use any setups that requires two physical PCI Express 2.0 (x16) lanes.

Why would you need two cards when you have the GTX295? It is powerful enough for any game out there on maximum settings and will last long enough for another dual GPU to come out (if he has not upgraded by then :p )

Depending on how much you paid for the 280 it might be more cost effective to go for the 295. It will work on your board. I'd probably increase the PCIe freq to 110, though.

Depending on how much you paid for the 280 it might be more cost effective to go for the 295. It will work on your board. I'd probably increase the PCIe freq to 110, though.

i paid 374.99 for the card. thats whats on my invoice that i must send into evga.

i have to play 17 bucks (10 more for the card, 7 for shipping) for the 285. if i went the 295 way i would have to pay 125 bucks plus 7 bucks shipping.

idk about that yet. if i only had to pay like 80 bucks i would consider it but from the past 2X cards, they NEVER hold their value good and the become EOL fast.

even though the card would be nice cause im thinking about upgrading my 20" 1680x1050 monitor to a 24" 1920x1200 monitor, the 295 would help big time but idk.

I just got a speeding ticket yesterday. going to plead not guilty and try to get it down to a parking ticket.

How would this 295 work though on the P35 chipset? i know its just a single card but i thought the card is dectected as SLI. ? i recall reading that these 2X cards split the lanes of the pci express 16x slot. 8x bandwidth for each gpu.

If i do decided to go with the 295 i don't want to get it and end up having problems

As you are paying a small amount for a more efficient, faster more overclockability (likely) card, which will pay for itself in the reduced power consumption.

Back