• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Issues overclocking E8500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jezzar

Hey guys, I'm having a bit of an issue. I recently rebuilt my entire computer, and everything works together fine. However when I go to overclock, I set the FSB speed, but when the computer boots up, these settings don't come into effect, however when I revisit the BIOS, they haven't changed.

The multiplier changes just fine, and I've disabled SpeedStep, but I have to be doing something wrong.

Here are my specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16Ghz 2x3Mb Cache 1333FSB Dual Core
ATI HD4870 1024Mb
Gigabyte GA-EP45T-Extreme DDR3 Crossfire Motherboard
620w Modular PSU SLI Ready (Corsair)
4Gb (2x2Gb) 1333Mhz (10666) 7-7-7 Timings DDR3 (OCZ)

Thanks for your help.

Where are you reading your CPU stats from in the OS? Make sure you are using CPU-Z and provide some amplifying info and screenshots.

What have you tried changing the FSB (CPU Host Frequency) and multiplier (CPU Clock Ratio / Fine CPU Clock Ratio) to? And when you say "when I revisit the BIOS they haven't changed"... do you mean the settings haven't changed from what you manually set them to, or they haven't changed from the defaults?

Where are you reading your CPU stats from in the OS? Make sure you are using CPU-Z and provide some amplifying info and screenshots.

I have been using CPUZ, what would you like to know, and what screenshots do you need?

What have you tried changing the FSB (CPU Host Frequency) and multiplier (CPU Clock Ratio / Fine CPU Clock Ratio) to? And when you say "when I revisit the BIOS they haven't changed"... do you mean the settings haven't changed from what you manually set them to, or they haven't changed from the defaults?

I tried to change the FSB to 380, I have tried several other amounts both lower and higher and nothing works. The normal FSB is 333mhz. I change the CPU Clock Ratio to 9 (From 8) and the Fine Ratio stays at +.5.

When I revisit the bios, they haven't changed from what I set them to.

Back