• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This is why we lap!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ouch I wouldn't but that heat sink if it's that bad. It might be ok for single core CPU but defiantly bad for multi core.

Wow, your TRUE is quite bad :p. Good luck lapping! I need to lap mine some day... But lazyness overcomes me every time :D.

I never tested mine when I put it in. I am running my Q9450 at 3Ghz right now, and its 35c idle and 48c load. Those temps are pretty good so I never took the time to do it.

I never tested mine when I put it in. I am running my Q9450 at 3Ghz right now, and its 35c idle and 48c load. Those temps are pretty good so I never took the time to do it.

Those temps dont seem bad, but anyone with a TRUE, would probably say even thats a lil high for a TRUE. Or thats what my temps were first averaging with my TRUE, and everyone kept saying that was still to high.

Is there actually a point in lapping your TRUE if you are not going to lap your CPU? I might lap my cpu, but I first will need to build up confidence for that lol.

I like the video of the CPU sticking to the heatsink because of them both being flat. Rather impressive :)

Is there actually a point in lapping your TRUE if you are not going to lap your CPU? I might lap my cpu, but I first will need to build up confidence for that lol.

I didn't have the confidence to lap my CPU either, but I did lap the TRUE and all my idle temps were at least 5ºC lower. My load temps were 10ºC lower too. So I would think there is a point to it. :)

Back