• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP Repair install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shadowdr

Ok, XP has gotten very slow so I think is time for a repair install. I have recently changed towers to an Antec 300 and it has no faceplate for a floppy so I think that I can just use Winlite to add the drivers to the install disk. While I am at it I go ahead and add sp3 so I won't have to do that afterward. It will not let me repair because it says the disk is newer then the install and I must upgrade. OK no biggie an upgrade would be ok, but it bsods after completion. It is a no go so I try making a disk with just the raid drivers to do the repair but it knows that an upgrade has already been attempted and wants to continue with the upgrade or install fresh. :bang head

There must be some file or folder that tells it that an upgrade was attempted. Does anyone know where it is located so I can delete it and try a repair with the disk that just has the raid drivers?

Back