• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

seti@home cmmnd line screen saver?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

piffdog

Hi guys,
I was wondering if anyone knew how to make the command line version of S@H run like a screen saver. That would be way cool.
-piffer

Hmm good question. I believe I saw a way to do that in win2k by adding an entry in the registry. I'll see if I can find it.

Many times it is cool to have graphics animate something but if you did have this it would eat up some/all of the benefit of having the CLC as a nice simple form of the application.

TC - If you can find that article/instructions it would be interesting to see just what is shown onscreen and track performance with and without it.

Cy

Cy said:
Many times it is cool to have graphics animate something but if you did have this it would eat up some/all of the benefit of having the CLC as a nice simple form of the application.

TC - If you can find that article/instructions it would be interesting to see just what is shown onscreen and track performance with and without it.

Cy
Actually all it did was let you specify a program to run after a period of inactivity. For instance after say 10 minutes of idle time you could have Seti Driver start up, and then when you hit a key or move the mouse it would close.

Back