• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good q9550 batch?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Doogiehowser

Registered
Hello, i just received my rma'd q9550 from newegg. My original was the C1 stepping with a VID of 1.3v, of which from what ive read/seen is extremely high, and its temps were horribly high at stock voltages ( 40 idle, 55-60 load). My new q9550 is the E0 stepping :clap:. The batch # is L835B214 and im hoping that someone has any information on the quality of the batch. I hope its a good batch considering my current cpu ( q6600 G0 ) has a high VID of 1.325v and that limits my overclock. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time
Doogiehowser

I would not RMA again because of a bad batch. At this point there is not a lot of info on "good and bad" Q9550 batches so honestly, just plug it in and start clocking.

The only thing I could find on that batch was here in someones sig. It appears to be a pretty nice batch.

It says
Q9550 E0 | 4255 MHz | 1.296v

q95501296v.5z82.jpg

Thank you. I wasnt going to RMA again cuz of a shiessty batch. The q9550 i rma'd originally was defective. Ran way to hot, even after several heatsink remounts and re doing the thermal past application. I was hoping that 3rd time is the charm with getting a good cpu ( first was my current q6600 w/ high vid, 2nd being the rma'd 9550).

Also, after reading a few threads, looks like im not in the best position to get a really nice overclock, considering p45's are great quad oc'ers n x48's are great for dual cores. If true for the most part, when my buddy buys my old q6600 n 4870 512, i may add in my x48 so i can get my hands on a p45. Bah, when i bought my hardware, i wish i knew as much as i do now.

X48 isn't THAT bad for 45nm quads :-/

Right on, im just considering my options. My friend isnt nearly as into this field as i am so if it comes out as a even trade, i dont see why not considering 2x pcie 2.0 x8 doesnt bottleneck two 4870's in crossfire compared to 2x pci e 2.0 x16.

The best way to seach for batches is Google using just the first half up to the letter. '835B' in this case. I know there are multiple threads and posts on different forums for it, I did some searching for that exact batch number back in December.

Last edited:
Back