• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yay!! Finally part of the 4GHz club!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandyduff

Great Scot! Member
Well that was easier than expected... took me about half an hour, had a slight hiccup at 3.9 but a slight adjustment of voltage sorted everything out...

Northbridge voltage = 1.5v
RAM = 2.0v
VTT = 1.4v

Running prime small FFT's and temps don't go above 50... im quite happy with that!!

Attachments

• 4GHz.jpg
    4GHz.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 788
Last edited:
I sure hope Prime "small ftt" isn't the only test your going to run to check for stability... That is the weakest of 'em all in my opinion.

One time I could run that for hours, then I ran another stress test and crashed in seconds.

Just trying to help you out...

edit: And Congrats :)

no.... was using small FFT's to test max load temp... what would you recommend to thouroghly check for stability?

no.... was using small FFT's to test max load temp... what would you recommend to thouroghly check for stability?

Small FTT is about 5 degrees lower on load than Large FTT. For max load temp, use Prime95 64-BIT Large FTT for longer than 15minutes...

Good luck!

Cool... currently running blend, been going for half an hour and everything seems fine, i know thats not long but it did fail within a few minutes at 1.25v... i shall run large FFT now...

cheers luv... (referring to your name... not being gay.... honest :D)

EDIT: 20 mins of large FFT's and temps have not gone above 55... hows that?

Last edited:
That's awesome! Hoping to join that club once I get a new board and q9650.

Why doesn't CPU-z show the Q9650 part?

Well done Sandy, nice work:clap:

That board and CPU just love each other, I still have mine and have no intention to sell it ;)

That board and CPU just love each other

Yeh i know what you mean... it was the easiest OC i have ever done!! Plus i didn't realise just how much of a bottleneck my old QX6700 was... when it was at 3.6GHz 3dmark06 was around 17.5k... but with my Q9650 at stock speed, it got around the same score!! once i clocked it up to 4GHz... i got 22k!! :eek:

EDIT: Thanks all for the congrats... im fairly chuffed with my purchase, all it cost me was my old QX6700 and my old 22" monitor!!

Stability:

linpak -- 15 cycles. I like LinX. Here's where you'll get some heating. Makes prime look tame. Primarily tests the CPU; much quicker than prime95 if CPU is unstable.

prime95 blend -- at least 8 hours; I like 12. Tests CPU, NB, memory.

PCMark Vantage

Ran blend over night and no failures... quite happy with that!!

A couple of benchies for you... got to love that Pentium III!! :D

Attachments

• 3Dmark06 4GHz.jpg
    3Dmark06 4GHz.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 714
  • Crysis Bench1.jpg
    Crysis Bench1.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 712
That is the fastest pentium 3 I have ever seen. It would be funny to submit it to ORB and you would probably be top ranking for that processor :)
Surprising how FPS in game are lower than the benchmark, I get around 30fps at 1920x1200 16xAA in crysis in game.

Sandy which BIOS are you using? I am thinking about getting a Q9650 but not sure if it will work with my current BIOS 14.

I am using BIOS 11... any newer version and it is not compatible with my x2... which isn't exactly handy!! I don't see why yours wouldn't work... considering you are already running a Q9550...

If anything the newer BIOS' should be more compatible than the older ones... i just don't want to risk getting no picture with my x2!!

What do you have your Q9550 running at anyway?

Back