• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WEOOOOO RUMOR ALERT! Resident Evil 5 Bundle Box

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twigglish

Resident Evil 5 is getting the bundle treatment on Microsoft's Xbox 360, only instead of being packaged with a standard white or black console, Capcom's survival horror opus will be offered alongside red hardware, claims Ars Technica.

Citing an unnamed mole, Ars' Ben Kuchera says that when Resident Evil 5 hits shelves on March 13, Capcom, in association with Microsoft, will offer the title in three flavors: The already revealed standard edition, the $90 Collector's Edition, and this rumored red Xbox 360 bundle.

Assuming Ars' source is correct, the bundle will include a copy of Resident Evil 5, a red Xbox 360 console, a red Xbox 360 controller, an exclusive Resident Evil 5 theme for the New Xbox Experience, and a coupon offering purchasers the opportunity to download Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix.

http://blog.wired.com/games/2009/01/rumor-resident.html

I'd Imagine that a red 360 would be ugly as hell. But, They do have the red controller already in stores, and thus far, for each colored controller, they have a matching colored console. So I wouldn't be surprised.

I'd say this rumor at least has some chance of being real. March 13th falls on a friday. ( Friday the 13th ). So a Red 360 bundled with Resident Evil 5 on Friday the 13th does kinda make *SOME* sense.

Guess we'll just have to wait a few weeks to find out the real scoop.

Red and black gets my vote. But who wants a xbox 360 doesn't own one already?

I am deciding between PS3 version and PC, don't know which will be better. Any info?

Red and black gets my vote. But who wants a xbox 360 doesn't own one already?

I am deciding between PS3 version and PC, don't know which will be better. Any info?

Personally, I'd stay away from ANY capcom game on the PC.

For many years, they have given their games to some 3rd party to port them to PC...and they always SUCK. And by suck, i don't mean it's bad...I mean it's TERRIBLE. They tend to have low resolution characters, Crappy textures, The lighting is almost non-existant. Basically, Everything that made the games look good in the console version is stripped from the PC port. People end up modding the games, and releasing Texture packs and such so the game doesn't end up looking like so much hell.

A quick review of PS2 vs PC version of RE4. Due to the bad lighting, and lack of shadows, Depth perception is a *****, Day and night look the same when you're inside...etc. The PC version is Un-patched.

That's just to give you a quick idea of how bad capcom's PC ports are. Sure, It's possible that capcom themselves may do the PC porting on RE5...Or the 3rd party that they hire to do it for them does it RIGHT...But based on the number of previous capcom titles to get bad ports...I wouldn't be optimistic about a good RE5 PC port...

But,That's just my opinion. If you don't mind waiting for patches, and the modding community to do what the developers should have done...then by all means get the PC version. I have a friend that does this all the time. But personally, I'm not going to give capcom money for lazily ported game that lacks many features of the console version. No work = No reward.

But...that's just my opinion. RE5 MAY be be good on the pc...Who knows.

I wouldnt mind buying the red edition 360. I love resident evil games. And My 360 is banned so I have been looking for an excuse to buy a new one to play a few other games on live with. So this might be a good thing for me.

But then it will be harder to notice that RROD, with it blending in and all.

Sorry, someone had to do it :)
I'm not too big on the color especially since it's plastic. If it were glossy red or something, that could look nice. I'm kind of the same with the Elite though, black plastic doesn't look too great.

PC version this time around is being developed alongside the 360 and PS3 versions.

hmmmm...Just checked on that...

Appears they are developing it for the PC, then porting it to the console, which is what they did for DMC4.

Though, they have only given release dates for the PS3 and 360 version so far. But it appears to be expected that a PC version will be released at a later date.

IMO, they are probably doing this to counter the rampant piracy on the PC. this way they are guaranteed to see a bunch of copies on console and make their money back before they release it on PC ( and then have to suffer through the massive piracy that will then ensue. )

but still, appears that the PC version *may* be promising. Though, depends on when they release the PC version, versus the console version. Sometimes, waiting 6+ months to a year for a PC version of a game just isn't worth it.

I thought the purple looked good on the gamecube. Then again, how often do we stare at the game console? I usually look at the tv, not sure about you guys.

I think gamecube looks just fine in purple. Xbox I would prefer black, PS3 white :D.

Really how little does the color matters? I would agree with you if it's a handheld but a home console? No.

Ha, I held out on buying a GameCube until they had different colors because I hated the purple so much. I got the black one but wanted the silver. The silver was impossible to find at the time though.

I'm not a big fan of purple either. I like red and black. I'd really like a red 360. Zex have you ever played DMC4 on the pc? It's probably the best console port ever. The graphics are great and it runs very well. My cpu usage is only like 25% and with my crossfired 4850 I would get framerates well over 100.

Why does it matter? Because I like it to match the room its in, and in my room, there isn't any purple... For one, the color is ugly, and for two, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Why does it matter? Because I like it to match the room its in, and in my room, there isn't any purple... For one, the color is ugly, and for two, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Agreed.

Since we're talking color, I really wish the PS3 came in White or Silver here in the states. Not that I'd trade mine since it's the good model with the mem card slots and full PS2 compatibility but that thing is a dust magnet. It looks filthy unless dusted daily.

Back