• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TV Display problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Max47

I hooked up my new rig to my tv, only reason is my monitor didnt make the cut on shipping today :( But aside from that I hooked up everything, Installed Vista through the component hook up (red blue green cable) everything worked fine until I went to install the ATI drivers. Got them installed and rebooted, then it shows the post screen loads windows and then the screen flashes before it goes to where it would show the login screen and says input signal out of range. I am assuming that the drivers for the cards has put windows in a resolution that is not supported. I suppose the overall question would be how can I change the resolution in this situation. A side note: windows did install updates as well, I dont have a spare monitor to set the resolution to before using the TV, and I do have a laptop if there is any way to use the display on it.

TV's Supported modes
1920 x 1080I
729P
480p
480I

one thing I was maybe thinking would be safe mode... gonna try too boot up there but I am not for sure how to change the resolution once there for normal mode

Back