• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec 900 watercooled and tidyup (with pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DrSpanky

Howdy

I started this a while back and decided i would post some pics of what i was doing, basicly the end result will be a water cooled cpu with a Thermochil pa160 + pa120, Swiftech Apogee GTZ and then stealth cable the hard drives and the rest of the cables by hiding them behind the mobo's backplate. and with the psu getting its air from outside the case.

this is a little mockup of what the airflow should look like
antec900.jpg

This is a mark up of where the pa160 is going to fit
Image001.jpg
Image002.jpg

Here is with the hole cut
Image003.jpg
Image004.jpg

This is an extra little cut on top that i will show later, but also shows that ive removed the rear 120mm fan grill for the mounting of the pa120.1
Image005.jpg
Image006.jpg

Here i have added the support rails for the pa160 and drilled the tubing holes for the pa120.1
Image007.jpg
Image008.jpg

Here is is where the rad will sit dont look quite right on the first pic but ive go that sitting correctly now.
Image010.jpg
Image011.jpg
Image012.jpg

Now that extra chunk i took out of the top has its purpose
Image013.jpg
Some nice stealth esata and external power...
Image014.jpg

I have also extended the power and reset switch cables
Image016.jpg

Heres whats going into this beast
Image003-1.jpg
7 HDDS stored in another case while i finnished this one
Image006-1.jpg

Last edited:
Not much of un update but
Image009.jpg

Now i did stuff up abit with the intake for the psu at the bottom it is offset but cut it a little to offset but nm no one will see it
Image015-1.jpg

As you can see we have aproval from the motorbiking pigs
Image018.jpg

Here a pic of the hhd cages the pic's from a camera phone but when i get time i will post a better pic
Image021.jpg

Basicly i have reversed the harddrives to the cables are neer the fans and routed them tru the gaps in he side to hide the sata cables.

i have also setup the watercooling and thats currently leak testing so i will post pictures of that over the weekend.

Last edited:
Here are some updates.

i have run into a few problems, I need to mod the side panels slightly because on the rod that hold up the rad but thats 10mins with a dremel and i cba to sort that out atm. also that there is a molex connection on the top right of my mobo that is blocked by a barb from the rad... so i have soldered a female molex connector onto the pins and mounted the connector behind the mobo.

while building this ive cut all the molex connectors off of the psu and the sata power connectors off and replaced the 2 sata power lines each with a single sata conenctor to link up to the extender that has 3 cimped on, the 2 lines of molex connectors were just pluged into terminal connectors and from there the fans were pluged in to them.

Here a shot of the back side of the case u can see the ocz SSD hidden up and the front of the case.
P1020151.jpg

I need to make a few adjustments to where the pipes side and poke thru the sata cables abit more but thats some minor work
P1020152.jpg

The fan on the bottom didnt turn out to bad...
P1020154.jpg

you can see just how many sata cables im running here ( 9 )
P1020153.jpg

P1020155.jpg

P1020156.jpg

P1020157.jpg

Here u can just about see my desk under all the crap
P1020159.jpg

You can just about see the Pa160 thru the top
P1020158.jpg

P1020160.jpg

You may have notice that ive not connected the top sata cables up yet... as i need a female to female joiner.

*Edit*
Im just waitting for the glue on the rubber feet to dry then i will move the fire up the rig and see if i have bumbled the electrics

Last edited:
Back