• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a Great 939 board for OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

natev

Spec: Athlon FX-60 @ 2.8 with NVIDIA nForce4 SLI Fatal1ty AN8 SLI mobo, G.skill ddr400 2-3-2-5 ram, PC&P 750W, 8800 GTS 320MB

Problem: Raising CPU voltage results in high temp (70C+) under load.

Reason: Possibly due to toying with software overclock which resulted in mobo damage.

Solution: I have tried 3 PSU's, 3 CPU's, and I have plenty of case fans and XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler. Now a new mobo?

I cannot get a stable overclock when I raise my voltage.

So im looking for suggestions on top quality OC boards to push my FX-60, or possibly help fix my problem. But im pretty sure my board is damaged :)

I was looking on ebay for either an Asus or DFI, and it seems there are a lot more Asus boards available.

For Asus I was looking at the A8N32-SLI Deluxe or A8N-SLI Premium.

For DFI they only have Lanparty NF4 SLI or Ultra. Which one is better of the two chipsets or what do you think is dfi's best 939 board?

there is a DFI nF4 SLI-DR Expert up for bid right now with 4 hours left.. is that one the best dfi board?

im not sure about dfi cuz there is only 4 boards for bidding, and 4 for buy it now...

Look no further than the DFI Ultra-D. You can get the SLI one if you'd like, but a simple mod to the Ultra makes it a SLI.

I was looking on ebay for either an Asus or DFI, and it seems there are a lot more Asus boards available.

For Asus I was looking at the A8N32-SLI Deluxe or A8N-SLI Premium.

<snip>
The A8N32 is an excellent board and, IMO, is as good as the Ultra-D or better. It runs just a hair lower for a top-end system clock speed but that's about the only difference. My average top-end clock tested out at 355 MHz for the original release (351-365 over five boards). My only rev. 1 board came in at only 320 MHz :( so avoid them if you can, though mine may have been a quirk. And there are very few RAM issues with these boards, unlike the DFI, but ASUS boards do like Corsair and OCZ RAM particularly well (never tried GSkill). It's not that they won't run other RAM but RAM OC's are slightly higher with Corsair and OCZ.

My first A8N32 was fired up in Jun '06, then another in Nov '06. Both have run 24/7 at full load since those dates without issue and I've added three more since then. I love 'em ...! :)

Last edited:
Back