• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FIC SD11 voltage mod?????????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

psycho_penguin

I have an FIC SD11 mobo and purchased a TD2 golden fingers device. This golden fingers device DOES NOT require a power connector, it draws it's power from the CPU. Apparently, in order to allow yourself the option of changing the voltage with the TD2, you have to increase the voltage of the CPU from the motherboard first. Now as we all know the SD11 does not come with the option of adjusting the voltage. I did however hear that there is some way, I think it has to do with soldering a resistor or something, to bump up the voltage a bit. I need to know if any of you guys know about this and if you do let me know how to do it. I'm really looking forward to overclocking this new Athlon Thunderbird 850MHz I just got, but lack of voltage adjustments are holding me back. It posts at 1GHz, but can't load Windows XP. If I had some more voltage I'm sure I could get it stable at a 1GHz.

Back