• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Update on Cuda RAC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I haven't run out of work in over 2 weeks now. I have my cache set at 10 days and connect to internet at 7 days.

HOWEVER, I just ran out of AP units to day. Crunching some Einstein for the first time in over 3 years now just to keep my CPU cores working. The CUDA units are running fine though and I still have several days of workunits.

One thing I noticed is that BOINC tends to download A LOT of AP WU's, then you've got so many AP's that it won't request any CUDA units anymore. What I did was turn off AP in the preferences, download a ton of CUDA units, turn on AP again, then downloaded some AP units. It was working until the AP splitter went down a couple of days ago.

RAC up to 4200 now.

I think it'll top out at 6000 or so. 3500 from GPU and 2500 from CPU is my guess.

I switched over to crunching MB on both the CPU and GPU since they release the SSE3 AMD app for it. I'm not sure it's any better than crunching AP though. With the recent optimization to the AP units, I think the credits have equaled out.

Hey Duner, have you upgraded to the Rastimer MB/CUDA apps yet? I just intalled them on my main rig, so I can crunch MB wu's on everything instead of messing with the AP units along with CUDA. eaglescouter should be doing a "How To" pretty soon on installing the MB/CUDA apps real soon.

Yes, I've been running Rastimer's stuff all along. I just feel that his AP/CUDA package is a little better than his MB/CUDA package. It's a moot point since there aren't enough AP units right now to run the AP/CUDA package anyways.

Once my RAC tops out and if the AP units come back, then I'll switch over again and see how that affects the RAC.

It's a crying shame that I bought a few ATI cards a couple weeks ago from the egg. I should check around here more often for updates on this kind of stuff, otherwise I would have bought Nvidia chips...

Rumor is that ATI is developing their own SETI client. Keep your fingers crossed.
With their jump into Fusion software you'd think it easy for them to adapt it to SETI - but I guess you never know.

Wonder if AMD/ATI realizes they could probably write off the time spent for SETI software development ...? ;)

With their jump into Fusion software you'd think it easy for them to adapt it to SETI - but I guess you never know.

Wonder if AMD/ATI realizes they could probably write off the time spent for SETI software development ...? ;)

I don't think AMD needs any more writeoffs at this point. They are trying to stay alive. Fiscal 2008 net loss was $3.098 billion.

Back