• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new egg just as good as they used to be

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

reboot

a month or so ago, I had a problem with new egg, and they have this guy Alex V. who helped resolve the problem. hes also stuck to his word and on my last ram order he upgraded the free shipping for me.

Its just quality customer service, and i wanted to say that newegg is still my top choice for who I order from. :beer:

Had a problem with newegg this week as well. They never "authorized" payment through paypal.

Paypal told me to tell Newegg to finish the authorization process. Newegg Live chat was unbelievably useless.

Called and spoke to a newegg rep on the phone (I think she said her name was Cindy)

Cleared my issue right up.

CLicked the parts in the voided in order, dropped them into basket and paid for htem while I was on the phone with her. She upgraded me to next day shipping.

Now I know why I stick with newegg, even though they do not have the best prices for me (Tax boooo)

Ohh... but had a mixed experience today as well...

Actually had 2 problems now that I think of it.

Ordered more parts for my aunt, and forgot that her shipping address is different then her mailing address (since she lives in a small town) called newegg to change address. (only city/zip, street addy still the same) they said they couldnt. I asked them to cancel. She said its done. WAs not voided on site, but figured it might take a couple of minutes. Checked back in a nhour and it was shipped :S

Now I have to hope that either UPS gets the addy right or call them and straighten it out.

Last edited:
Anymore most retailers will not ship anywhere except the CC billing address unless you call the card issuer and provide an approved alternate shipping address - obvious reasons of course, but it does make things difficult when trying to buy something for another person and trying to ship directly to them.

You might be able to change the address in transit. I've tried to do that but they have to have a first delivery attempt, or tell them to hold onto it and have someone pick it up. Sometimes they will do that sometimes they won't im 50/50 on that one so far.

Anymore most retailers will not ship anywhere except the CC billing address unless you call the card issuer and provide an approved alternate shipping address - obvious reasons of course, but it does make things difficult when trying to buy something for another person and trying to ship directly to them.

I have not done it in a while, but with CC you can have a differnet ship to address then mailing address.

And I have done it with paypal too I just have to remember to change it. With her account.

Its all good. Newegg is still great in my book. Going to call UPS now and see what I can do. Since im not really changing the address it should not be a problem. (if you use google maps with here mailing address it goes to physical location also)

Back