• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Linux SMP install problems.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KonaKona

Trashcan Man Member
So yeah, trying to get the linux client going under ubuntu 64 (through virtualbox, VMWare was all serial and I already had vbox installed)

It doesn't matter what directory I'm in, once I extract the file and type "./fah6" it always says it cant find the file or application. I've tried quite a few times, but its probably just me sucking at the whole linux bit.

any help? (Got some random jerk closing in on me, so a little SMP on the side should help boost my PPD)

EDIT : Found the problem, didn't have 32bit libraries. Also found out that vbox only uses one processor. bah.

Last edited:
You could use VMWare Server. I heard there was a free one.

You also need to do sudo chmod +x fah6. So that it would be recognized as an executable file.

WMware server 1.0.8 is free and will utilize 2 processors. You do have to sign up for a serial number.

VMWare 2 is free as well, same deal for getting a serial. I enjoy the web interface and being able to manage my VMs remotely.

And yeah, you probably just need to do a chmod +x to the fah6 file so that it's executable.

But I am curious once you get it running in Virtualbox... let us know how the performance feels.

Eventually got it up. Seems a bit slow to me, took 17.5 hours for a 2668. Got a 2669 running now. Might look into giving it 2gb of ram?

Back