• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The XIG at Newegg is OoS, so...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
why dont you go with the HDT-S1283?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233003

else id just wait for it to restock the tower design seems to offer greater performance.

Yeah. That one only has three pipes running along it opposed to the four, but apparently a more powerful fan comes with it. (Fans can be had easily, though.)

So just wait for the OoS one to restock, and get a better fan for it I suppose... I was hoping to order it all together... dang. Guess I'll have to use the stock cooler that comes with the Phenom II until I can order that XIG. :/

Just as some advice, Aethis, order a backplate kit and use that instead of the pushpins. The pushpins are godawful, really hard to get in place, and will warp your board like crazy. I bought this backplate kit and had it shipped via First Class mail and the total purchase price was like $7 and it got here in 2 days. I'd HIGHLY recommend getting this.

Just as some advice, Aethis, order a backplate kit and use that instead of the pushpins. The pushpins are godawful, really hard to get in place, and will warp your board like crazy. I bought this backplate kit and had it shipped via First Class mail and the total purchase price was like $7 and it got here in 2 days. I'd HIGHLY recommend getting this.

Isn't that for 775s? I'm going to be using an AM2+ based mobo and a Phenom II 940BE.

Isn't that for 775s? I'm going to be using an AM2+ based mobo and a Phenom II 940BE.
yeah stock clip for am2+ should be good, i dont think they make a backplate for am2+, but i think am2 clip is stronger than using the push pins for 775 so thats why ppl buy backplate for 775 and that heatsink

so you should be fine

I do apologize for hijacking this thread with an inquiry of my own, but is the 775 backplate required to use the adhesive? Or will it work fine without the use of the adhesive and using the screws(after reading MANY reviews I'd rather not have it stuck there for life :p)

I wanted to keep it in a thread already talking about the backplate, so again, I do apologize for it not being in a thread of my own. I have a backplate ordered though from Performance-PCs and it should be here Wednesday.

Back