• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

core i7 920 @ 4.2ghz stock HSF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
gotta love that turbo
pi42ghz.jpg

just built her yesterday..now debating where to go cooling wise :beer:
DSC03611.jpg

DSC03623.jpg

You know turbo only overclocks one core? Anyway nice voltage for 4ghz (4.2Ghz turbo). Keep pushing, I think it will get far.

Well, he is benching on superpi which take advantage of turbo mode because it only uses two core I believe. It isn't a multithreaded app. If he disabled turbo and OC'ed to an actual 4.2ghz, he'd have virtually identical benchmarks for that program

Now, wprime on the other hand is a completely different story :)

gotta love that turbo
pi42ghz.jpg

Nicely done... That's where I start out Oc'ing my i7s, 200 bclk and 20x multi :D ... congrats on the 4.2 :beer:

I hope you aren't passing that off as a STABLE OC are you?

Looks good otherwise :)

@ OP sry for going off topic here

@ L2I: Can you define stable???

Heck man, if it completes the bench I'm working on at that particular moment then its stable enough....
kinda always thought that's what pushing the limits was about :confused:

I thought turbo mode ON , on gigabyte EX58 boards forces all cores to the same clock speed? =)

As my sig, this is with TURBO off, so all cores are truly running at those speeds. Most people do not realise and think that turbo does all 4.

The P6T Deluxe does not suck. What the hell do you need turbo for anyway?

Because everyone else can use it except us!!! rofl.

It doesn't suck, I was being a bit dramatic. I'm running a nice 4.008 Mhz (211 x 19) @ 1.288V but I think the Gigabyte EX-58 extreme is a better board.

It's all about options. Maybe I just haven't found it, but where is the qpi pll on this board?

Back