• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800 gtx+ temps...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sun_akaffck

yesterday i checked the temps of my cards and the temps were primary 62 and secondary at 45 (both idle) isnt the temps are a lil bit of hot. plus some time ago i changed the thermal paste of both cards is it because of that

Download Rivatuner and pump up the fans to 100%. My 7950GX2 fans were set at 35% from the factory. Dumbass XFX bios designers.

Not necessary. Put them at around 65-70%, for my 8800gts 512 this made them inaudible over my case fans and kept them at a cool 37C 35C idle and 49C 48C load.

Those temps are pretty good IMO. Im assuming it has a dual slot cooler? If its not too loud for comfort, just leave it alone. The stock cooler on my 9800GT yielded temps idle 70C load 85C so dont be too worried. Threw a zalman cooler on it and it idles around 40, full load around 55C

I asked my dad about this when my 8800gt was idling at about 62C with the fan speed at about 23%. He said it was normal, trust me, he works for nvidia. As long as the ambient temperature is under 60 degrees that is. I just cranked the fan speed up to 50 percent just to be sure, though. Now the core is at about 50C

I asked my dad about this when my 8800gt was idling at about 62C with the fan speed at about 23%. He said it was normal, trust me, he works for nvidia. As long as the ambient temperature is under 60 degrees that is. I just cranked the fan speed up to 50 percent just to be sure, though. Now the core is at about 50C

It takes my fan at 75% to get it to 50, thinking about putting some AS5 on the core.

i've swapped the thermal paste on the card and when i am web surfing i under clock the card and set fan to 50%

when i game i do a max overclock (820/1220) and have the fan at 70%

when i bench i run the same overclock, seems to be the limit of this card, and run 100%

i use Evga Precision even though its a XFX, it still works great.

Back