• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Live is Well WOW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gottcha

Post your thoughts on Windows Live. I just Downloaded the new add on for Fallout 3 last night from windows live and would like to see what others ecperienced.:confused::screwy:

Wow i really thought there would have been alot of poster for this one???!!?!?!?

Ok well here is my story.. FO3 add on Operation Anchorage is out(found out in another post) I'm almost done with the game and really like it so I want the Add on. Only way to get it is through MS live and i think ok well what do i have to do.

1. get an account no problem there OH wait yes there is cuz it keeps taking me to XBOX live and i can't seem to find the content for the windows game! After an hour of searching i find that i have to run the stand alone version of ms live WFT. I find the windows content.

2. it cost MS point (800) Ok what are they.. short and quick answer is Microshafts way of not having us to use credit cards for small purchase. that kinda sounded ok. NOW how do i get these point... PAY FOR THEM WITH AN F'N CREDIT CARD!!!

3. download the add on. that went really smooth

4. install add on but oh it says already install great! directions say just play the game ten min or so and you'll get a radio signal with the new quest! an hour later and NOTHING!

5. Now thinking #3 is a false statment i go looking for files and they are nowhere to be found! deleted download from MS live and re DL the add on (did that twice) after searching the internet i find that they are hidden in some files and that they have to be mannually moved to the fallout folder.

6. the way its was told to work. 1. download add on 2. start game and be signed into Windows live 3. play game with new content. WTF!!! WTF!!!

I still don't know if it is working yet! it was about 11pm when i finally found out how to make it work.

Oh yeah, Epic Live failure. The only thing I found out was to keep from having extra "points" you could buy the zune points at 200 each (same price, same points) and not have any left over. WFL is a joke, its just out there to try and grab some extra $$$$ from vendors. I bet after this failure, no one will use this service :)

Yes i have been to the fallout forums. I think thats where i found a link to the walkaround to move the files to the fall out folder. I can't believe how difficult it was to buy and download and install. plus i am mstuck with 200 extra points. i will not buy anything else ever from MS live even if its something I want.

i hate live messenger, and it's installer that seems to take a year to install, just for a dam messenger installation, i dont want all the other crap with it and even though i choose not to install it, it takes forever to scan a system and then install! and that is if your lucky and it doesnt fail for some unknown reason and you have to do it all over again!

i hate live messenger, and it's installer that seems to take a year to install, just for a dam messenger installation, i dont want all the other crap with it and even though i choose not to install it, it takes forever to scan a system and then install! and that is if your lucky and it doesnt fail for some unknown reason and you have to do it all over again!
That's what's Pidgin is for :beer:

Anyway, the topic is Games for Windows Live, not Messenger. On that topic, all I need to say is (from experiences from DoW2 beta):
FAIL

It sure makes my brother jealous though because I can play the 360 version of a game then play the pc version and get the achievements twice ;).

Back