• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

raid help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

super2007

raid 0 results?

Well i got my second 640 AAKS drive in, and i am trying to set up raid 0 under windows 7. my motherboad comes wiht intel ICH8R southbridge raid and JMICRON, which one i suppose to use?

the sticky about the matrix raid i dont see that on my motherboard. this is my first time going to raid..so i am newbie on what to do. i mean i know how to set it up i have looked at the sticky.

EDIT: i used the Ctrl+ I to set up matrix raid, and install windows 7 on it, honestly not impressed at all..when i was installing it, it says drivers not supported, so i had to uncheck the driver taht matched my hardware thing, but not that windows is installed, do i need to install raid drivers? btw how does it look ?
2ngbwhd.jpg

Last edited:
If it's the p5k deluxe in your sig that's actually a ICH9R controller, which I'd definitely use over the JMicron

If it's the p5k deluxe in your sig that's actually a ICH9R controller, which I'd definitely use over the JMicron

i honestly dont know what i am using, i saw the matrix raid option and there made a raid 0 and then install os on it..thats all i did..is there also a differnt option to setup raid?

i honestly dont know what i am using, i saw the matrix raid option and there made a raid 0 and then install os on it..thats all i did..is there also a differnt option to setup raid?
You created an array and used all the drive space, so you have a standard RAID0 array, which is fine. This is on the Intel controller, which is the best option as well. What do you need Matrix RAID for beyond "just because I can"?

You created an array and used all the drive space, so you have a standard RAID0 array, which is fine. This is on the Intel controller, which is the best option as well. What do you need Matrix RAID for beyond "just because I can"?

i game alot, and multi-task alot..i just wanted to raid and see the effects of it..honestly not impress i might have to install vista 64 cuz windows 7 is little buggy.

but i am glad i did it right, kind of proud to set it up the first time..but should i have set it differentl? like slice off the a partition and leave rest for storage?

i game alot, and multi-task alot..i just wanted to raid and see the effects of it..honestly not impress i might have to install vista 64 cuz windows 7 is little buggy.

but i am glad i did it right, kind of proud to set it up the first time..but should i have set it differentl? like slice off the a partition and leave rest for storage?
You can certainly partiton the array like a single drive and seperating your OS/apps from your data files is a solid plan. Everyone should do it really. If you break up the array because you're not noticing any benefit, just use one drive for OS/apps, the other for storage.

You can certainly partiton the array like a single drive and seperating your OS/apps from your data files is a solid plan. Everyone should do it really. If you break up the array because you're not noticing any benefit, just use one drive for OS/apps, the other for storage.

can you provide some instructions for that? btw i had a ram issue and my motherboard not posting due to dimm slots on my motherboard after buying new gskill 4gb 1066. anyway only 1 stick at a time works in my motherboard, and i also ended up reseting the cmos, when it did post i had lost the raid. :( :bang head

can you provide some instructions for that? btw i had a ram issue and my motherboard not posting due to dimm slots on my motherboard after buying new gskill 4gb 1066. anyway only 1 stick at a time works in my motherboard, and i also ended up reseting the cmos, when it did post i had lost the raid. :( :bang head
Instructions for partitioning an array? You create the array, start the OS install as usual (with RAID drivers of course) and when picking the drive(array) to install to, you just create the parition size you want instead of using the full drive space available. Once the OS is installed, create another partition out of the left over space in Disk Management to use for date/storage. As far as the BIOS reset and loss of RAID, if you recreate the same RAID array in the BIOS, your array/files should be recovered. The array is typically lost because the BIOS defaults the storage controller to single drive operation.

Back