• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why I'm still loving BeyondTV

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
on this past superbowl sunday, I took my bedroom htpc down in my home theater so I can watch the superbowl on the big screen (yeah, still no htpc client in the HT yet.... :p ). I watched first quarter, then went out for dinner w/ my fiance and her parents. while we were waiting for the food, my fiance went to the CVS next store for some grocery. when she came back, she brought a few of those 3D glassese along, then I remember yeah, there's a 3D animation clip right after the end of the 2nd quarter (and chuck on monday)! I really wanna see the 3D action on the big screen, but I know I won't be back home till 3rd quarter. so, I took my iPhone out, point the browser to the BeyondTV web server at home, found the show, then just hit record it! the main htpc recorded the superbowl and the 3D clip for me right away! all were done while I'm sitting in a restaurant waiting for my dinner away from home!! when I got home after the dinner, finished up the superbowl, then I watch the recorded 3D animation on the big screen.

(not that I've haven't tried, I bought the Journey to the Center of the Earth bluray which also included a 3D version too. that was my first time watching 3D on my big screen. it was very 3D for sure, but the color is way off!! however, those were base on the older 3D tech, and I've heard the superbowl 3D animation and chuck 3D were base on the newer 3D tech, e.g. different color on the glassese.)

now this keeps reminding me why I'm still loving BeyondTV. everything (web server, remote recording, etc.) is all built in the BTV. no add on, no hacking. well, I did have no-ip account that make it easier for me to connect back to the BTV server at home tho.

(I'm sure other PVR programs probably could do this too....)

the little shuttle xpc htpc client from my bedroom

photobu1.jpg

nothing beats watching superbowl on a triple digits screen! :D

photo1gx3.jpg

sorry for the crappy pics. took a quick shot from my iPhone.

Back