• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone else experienced crashing in World In Conflict?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blitzkrieg1110

I just purchased World in Conflict this afternoon on Direct2Drive and updated the game to 1.009. About five minutes into every multiplayer game, it just crashes to desktop and says World in Conflict caused a problem and needed to close. I'm running Vista 32 bit and I looked online for other solutions and didn't find any.

My drivers are fairly new but I'm going to update them here in a few minutes and see if that makes any difference....

If that still doesn't fix anything, ill probably try a reinstall or something....

Ticks me off, I just payed 30 dollars for this game and I can't play it for more than 30 minutes.

Anyone have any ideas?

I bought this game via the same method Sunday and everything worked perfect until I updated as well. After I did that it would freeze up randomly and I'd have to control, alt delete and close the application.

I did some research and did this.

• Activate and lower the "Framerate Cap (Power Saving)" option in World In Conflict's Advanced Graphics Options to a value between 15 and 30 FPS.

I then updated my Nvidia drivers to the newest version.

I haven't had a lock up since.

I assume you've visited the official site. If not here is a link to the forums where you can go to bugs and performance and look at the stickies.

http://www.massgate.net/forum.php

Good luck...it seems like a fun game but a little buggy.

Thanks man, I'll try that tonight.

I updated my graphics card drivers the other day and the game works a lot better, but still locks up every once in awhile.

This game is so entirely different from any other RTS, I'm not really sure I like it to be honest.

I am the type of strategy player that I can be good at them pretty quickly, this one is different though. I've gotten kicked like 3 times from servers because I'm immediately labeled "a n00b" just because of my rank. That's kinda what happens when you buy a game a year and a half after its release, you won't be ranked as high as everyone else. :bang head

It's certainly a new type of RTS for me as well and I'm not too sure about it yet either. I used to more of a C & C type variety myself but I haven't heard much good about the new ones.

I've just been messing around in the campaign mode and doing skirmish type events by creating a LAN game and putting bots into it. I'm not very good at the game yet and really don't understand how to play yet to be honest. The graphics have certainly impressed me, but I'm not too sure about the gameplay part of it yet.

Back