• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz Cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dropline

I am planning on ordering <Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80601920> today, but reading the reviews on how bad the stock cooler is, my plan of not rushing to find a new cooler has changed.

Can anyone recomend what the best cooler is for this chip.

Right now I have an AMD-X2-4400 with Thermalright XP90c.. is there anyway to make that fit?

I was also looking at the <Vigor Monsoon III LT Dual 120mm Fan CPU Cooler Socket 1366 Ready> being that seemed the best one they had at newegg for socket 1366.

I just got a 920 and the stock cooler isnt horrible. It wont take a 4ghz overclock, but I got mine at 3ghz and it is good and keeps it cool. I would either get a True 120 Extreme or a Thermalright V1. I just ordered the V1 and will let you know how it works after it gets here.

I am also reading good things about the Coolermaster V8 cooler also. They are all worth a look. Here is a link to a few on the same site with some cheap prices too. Hope it helps.

http://www.crazypc.com/products/socket_1366_coolers.html

Back