• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800 gx2 vs gtx 280

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pyro911

Registered
is there that much of a difference between the 2 of them that i should go wit the 280 over the gx2 im just looking to run games like call of duty and counter strike on high everything can the gx2 do that

GX2 can do that easily and will save you a ****load of coin. newegg has a GX2 out of stock but for 219.99.

What processor are you running?

any of those cards can run call of duty or counter strike on everything maxed out with decent FPS ,
i would suggest you GTX 280 or if you save up a little then GTX 285
285 is like 280 Overclocked

im going to have the e8400 and im going to overclock it when i get it

Go with the 280, yes the GX2 will run those but it does have poor driver support, can't go wrong with a single gpu solution

^^ yup, single gpu you know will work with %100 of all games, also less heat and power usually. the 9800GX2 is dead, discontinued!

^^ yup, single gpu you know will work with %100 of all games, also less heat and power usually. the 9800GX2 is dead, discontinued!
but then again , gtx 295 is double GPU and it pwns them both
even if it was possible to make gtx 280 and 9800GX2 in SLI :}

Back