• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What am I doing wrong? BE6-II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hwesterman

Dear Forum,
I've been running an ABIT BE6-II for a year with a PIII 667/133 running at 667... Today I decided it was time to be bold. I went into the BIOS and cranked it up to 733/133. It started and ran OK. I then rebooted and the POST screen still showed 667. I double checked the BIOS setting and it was set at 733. I Cleared the CMOS... I reset the ESCD... then I re-did it all again... I went to Intel.com and got the Processor Frequency ID program. Reboot, Reboot, Reboot. By all indications, I am still stuck at 667? What am I missing?
Thanks in advance, Hankster:eh?:

What you did is to change the clock multiplier setting, instead of changing the FSB. The clock multiplier on Intel Chips are locked. So, there is no way for you to change it. The only way to overclock your P3 667EB is to set the 667/133 to user define, then change the 133 FSB.

I think you will need to read the basic guide for overclocking first.

Back