• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

285/295 Card Temps/Any Temp Issues? Stock Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
Looking for some input on this, since I got a thread over in the general section which might or might not be seen (http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=595217), I wanted to get an idea how do these run temperature wise? Mind you stock cooling and all but was just wondering how hot any of these 2 cards get with stock cooling at stock clocks or when OC'ed.

my gaming rig has a 285 SSC in it, - @ 100% fanspeed duty cycle the highest i have seen is 53*c load while playing COD4 - i currently don't have any Crysis titles installed, those do make the temps go a little higher though.

my current 24/7 overclock is 76x (core) / 1692 (shader) / 1485 (mem) - core and shader are linked - i could prolly go higher on the core, but the shader is maxing out @ 1692 for 24/7 use. i can bench with shader to close to 1750, but any higher then 1692 and stability becomes an issue.

i'm going to try and pick up a 295 this week in prep for turning in my stock forum wars scores, but it will prolly be friday (night, late.) or saturday before i can report back.

my gaming rig has a 285 SSC in it, - @ 100% fanspeed duty cycle the highest i have seen is 53*c load while playing COD4 - i currently don't have any Crysis titles installed, those do make the temps go a little higher though.

my current 24/7 overclock is 76x (core) / 1692 (shader) / 1485 (mem) - core and shader are linked - i could prolly go higher on the core, but the shader is maxing out @ 1692 for 24/7 use. i can bench with shader to close to 1750, but any higher then 1692 and stability becomes an issue.

i'm going to try and pick up a 295 this week in prep for turning in my stock forum wars scores, but it will prolly be friday (night, late.) or saturday before i can report back.

Nice I like those numbers :) If I do go with something might do it today or tomorrow not sure yet, under 4 hours to decide if I do it today.

GTX295 overclock in sig, runs around 85C on auto, 75C at 65%, 69C at 85%, and 65C at 100%

Woah dang quiet high for a card that is said to run really really hot. Congrats on those temps and clocks.

Last edited:
Those cards are completely different so to compare them against each other isnt valid (single GPU vs dual GPU/PCB card).

But like any other card, the stock cooler will run the stock clocks just fine.

Those cards are completely different so to compare them against each other isnt valid (single GPU vs dual GPU/PCB card).

But like any other card, the stock cooler will run the stock clocks just fine.

Oh I know its completely different but for comparison sakes, expecially OCing the 295 will or should have a lot more heat output then a 285. Why I was wondering is determining what I should go with currently to make my system quieter once again.

You want quiet, go water! ;)

You are in a tough spot considering your resolution. I would almost get the GTX295 in your case.

You want quiet, go water! ;)

You are in a tough spot considering your resolution. I would almost get the GTX295 in your case.

Water no way no how. I've gone water 2 or 3 times now, with each time failing at cooling my CPU compared to air cooling. The last time I cooled my GPU and yup GPU was cool all right at load it was cooler than my CPU at idle.

Besides I can't do my quick swaps on equipment easy, and packing it into my case is another story.

the last 295's ive played with ran at 65 C but in sli the top card was 76 C n 72 C , with 25 % load...

since dangerden and frozen cpu have released the 295 Waterblocks ill update with W/C temps later on =] whenever the damn things get off backorder

the last 295's ive played with ran at 65 C but in sli the top card was 76 C n 72 C , with 25 % load...

since dangerden and frozen cpu have released the 295 Waterblocks ill update with W/C temps later on =] whenever the damn things get off backorder

What was the clocks/fan speed at?

Man I got a twitchy finger today..... new hardware YUMMMM

Back