• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4870 issues: what have i not tried?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cheator

So i got a 4870 today and im not sure if its dead or not. Its in my optimus rig in my sig.

I slapped it in and boot up but I get no video or anything. I don't have a pc speaker since its a p180 so I don't know if its beeping at me. I know the system works cause it was just working with my 4850. Can anyone offer any ideas?

Btw, i tried both power plugs in and then just 1 in, I still get no video signal.

wow... ok now if i just leave it on for a bit it eventually posts and boots up but the video image is awful. And btw the power supply i have now is an antec Trio 650w

I'd probably RMA it. I'd try installing the correct drivers though. I know on my latest reformat my 7900gs did something similar. The picture was absolutely horrible until I installed my drivers. I thought the card pretty much died on me. It turns out that its working fine now.

Yeah it sucks! I bought it from someone on the forum and it looks like it just died in transit. At least it has a warranty!

Funny thing is there is no damage to it...

Thats why im wary of buying online, especially used. Even my phenom II and m3a79t shipped from ncix had horrible packaging, wedged into the box with paper and thats it

I have had two Powercolor 4870 PCS+ 1gb go bad on me. One was DOA and the second lasted less than 4 months. No OC either (because they can't!) RMA it.

Back