• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the fastest ddr2 RAM available to consumers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mercalf

1] What is/who makes the fastest DDR2 RAM for consumers to obtain easy/relatively easy? This is a question of mere curiosity, NOT a purchase based....so prices are irrelevant :sn:

2] What is the fastest DDR2 RAM that isn't HUUUGE. This one I'm curious because of a project I'm completing where space is a huge issue, and 4 modules must fit closely together...? :screwy: AHH! Quick edit: they need to be 2gig modules.

Mainly looking at access speeds in gigs/s etc.

obviously CORSAIR DOMINATOR 2X2GB DDR2 1066MHZ KIT CL5 DHX
and A-DATA 2x2GB DDR2 800MHz G-Series CL5-5-5-12
well thats my opinion :p

GSkill has a DDR2 1200 5-5-5 2x2GB kit, very expensive though

There are also a few 1150 and 1100 kits.

Gkills heatsinks look to be tall and not wide so they might fit next to eachother, I'm sure somebody who has them can post that info.

DDR2 1000 and 1066 kits are much cheaper though, way better value and not that much slower.

doesnt GSkill use powerchips now?

im currently loving my Crucial Ballistix 800 Mhz 2x2 i had it overclocked to 1100+ MHZ

heat was an issue though lol

Heat is going to be an issue on pretty much any of these. Unless you get lucky in the chip draw you are going to be looking at 2.2V minimum to hit 1100 and higher. That is going to cause some hear buildup. If you don't have airflow on them they will die. It doesn't need to be a lot of air but some direct air flow is needed.

i think buying anything over 1066 is just a waste of money ... if your trying for 1:1 ratio your multi has to be low and your board has to be great with high fsb.

Unless your going to run unlinked.

Back