• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

simple question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
can my MOBO (Intel DP35DP) handle
A-DATA 2x2GB DDR2 800MHz G-Series CL5-5-5-12 ?

No. I can't find any evidence that Intel DP35DP supports adjustable memory
voltage, and the operating range for those DIMMs is 1.9 to 2.1 volts. Other
than that, they would probabily be OK.

To place it safe, I'd recommend staying with DIMMs that take 1.8 volts.
The latencies will be higher, but you'd only see a difference in benchmarks.

ok then , another question
will it work if i place 2x1 GB (my current one) and Hynix 2GB DDR II 800MHz HYMP125U64CP8-S6-C
total of 6 GB

Last edited:
Yeah that will work fine. Keep in mind if they are different speeds they will all run at the lowest common denominator.

edit
The A-Data chips are really adjustable voltage. The spec should really read "these are dirt cheap chips and should run the rated speed and timings at 1.9V but again they are very cheap and may take up to 2.1V" You get what you pay for. As cheap as DDR2 is get something a bit better and save yourself some headaches.

so if i do this

All four of them 800 Mhz
it wont show as 800 Mhz in CPU-Z ? or what you mean by lowest common denominator.

Last edited:
You need to look in your owners manual for the correct orientation for you motherboard to keep the channels straight. Some boards use adjoining slots and other use alternating slots. If that is a pic of your board put one pair in the blue slots and the other pair in the black slots.

For lowest common denominator. I meant that they will run at the slowest speed of the two pairs. For instance if you installed a pair of PC6400 and PC8500 they would run at PC6400. Obviously that isn't something that cannot be fixed with a few simple BIOS tweaks if the ram is up to the task.

On my 650i board, 4 GB (2 x 2) runs at 800 DDR2, but if I plug in two more sticks
(2 x 1 or 2 x 2), the speed auto adjusts to 667 DDR2. So, it's perfectly normal
for 4 sticks to run slower than 2 sticks.

If all of them are rated for 800mhz, then their default speed will be 800mhz and you have nothing to worry about. It is better to get memory with similar timings and voltages too.

Back