• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just a note

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Godfodda

Just want to post a note on my status. Before I left on this trip I disabled automatic transfer and cached 14 days of WUs on each machine, so my results for this week and next won't be accurate... unless all my machines have crapped out since I left. :D

If everything stays up **fingers crossed** I expect that the mini-farm is producing 18 WUs per day (for 12-14 days), and I should be sending in over 200 when I return which would put me over the 1000 milestone.

And if I have some time at home to work on the machines, I'm pretty sure I can push the results toward 25/day for 175/week. The P3 1100 has been running at 1300 at default voltage (FINALLY!) for about a month, so it has some room to move. TC's old 1.33 and 1.4 are begging for more and I haven't had the time to work with them when I've been home. And I play with the 866 all the time (that's the main machine), and I'm unsure where it's sitting now. It's somewhere below 1100, but I do remember that the memory is running at clock speed (as opposed to minus clock). Have some tweaking to do all across the board.

I'm shooting for 150/week, anyway, which would make a nice round 600 per month (which took me a year and a half previously). Look out top 100! :cool:

When business slows down again (soon), I'll be posting more. As it is, I'm on the laptop and dialup and I hate both. Still reading and crunching, though. Can't wait to get back to home and DSL. :beer:

Godfodda said:
TC's old 1.33 and 1.4 are begging for more and I haven't had the time to work with them when I've been home.
How dare you let those extra clock cycles go untapped :mad: :D :D :D

Godfodda...I was wondering why you haven't put up any numbers lately...I've been doin my best just to keep up these past few weeks and now you say 18 WU's per day

I'm only pulling about 12 per day now so I guess I better see what else I can throw together

Want to toss out an update here. Got home at 5 yesterday afternoon and found 3 zonked machines. The same two machines that crapped out last time (866 and 1.33), plus the Celly. I'm guessing it's heat, so I'm going to work on that. Tried to test that theory last night by placing a heater on the side of the 866 machine, but that ended up blowing out my surge protector. (The thing was rated at 1800W. Let's see, 2 P3, 2 Athlon, 1 Celly, 2 monitors, printer, misc. other garbage, AND a space heater... wonder why it blew? :D) I managed to get the big 4 back up using just a strip, but the Celly400 is still down until I get a new surge protector (tonight).

One machine quit on the 22nd, one on the 23rd (the Celly just yesterday, I think), so I didn't lose as much processing time as last time, but it still hurt. I have the rest of the week off, so I'm going to work on cooling and testing... but with the heater running on another outlet. :)

And now I'm seeing the UL/DL problem everyone else is having. Have somewhere around 100 WUs here waiting for a shot at Berkeley.

For the good news, I should have a P2 400 online later this week. Since I have so much time off, I may run a dedicated "SETI outlet" from my breaker box (cool, eh? :cool: ) And I have a little cache of vid cards and NICs, and a couple of HDs, for future units. Also, the 1.4 Athlon and the 1.1 P3 machines were still up and stable as of my return. If I can just figure out why they're happy and the other two aren't then I should be good to go. Wish me luck. Any suggestions are, of course, appreciated.

I'll try to get things back up soon. Sorry for the problems.

Godfodda...that kinda sux maybe you need better HSF's for those chips. Where are you at? I'm in New Orleans so I understand the heat issue. On any given week in the winter the outside temp can fluctuate from 30-80F meaning AC at the beginning of the week and heaters at the end. And dont even get me started with summer.

Just waitin for you to upload now....we should both hit 1000 by the end of the weekend....hopefully

oh yeah got another comp in my office last week P3 1000/133 so its helping me out for a while till it finds a new home

deez said:
Godfodda...that kinda sux maybe you need better HSF's for those chips. Where are you at? I'm in New Orleans so I understand the heat issue. On any given week in the winter the outside temp can fluctuate from 30-80F meaning AC at the beginning of the week and heaters at the end. And dont even get me started with summer.

Just waitin for you to upload now....we should both hit 1000 by the end of the weekend....hopefully

oh yeah got another comp in my office last week P3 1000/133 so its helping me out for a while till it finds a new home

Arkansas. We're in the same boat as far as outside temps. :)

My Gladiator just found its way back to the 866, so we'll see how that works out. I've been re-arranging and shelving my SETI machines for the last couple of hours, and I'm hoping I can route the air a little better after that. Looks like plenty of work for my week off.

I don't think I'm ever going to be able to shake you. Every time I think I have the advantage, something craps out here or you bring a new machine online. If you'd leave me alone, I might be complacent with my screwed up machines. :D

Godfodda said:

I don't think I'm ever going to be able to shake you. Every time I think I have the advantage, something craps out here or you bring a new machine online. If you'd leave me alone, I might be complacent with my screwed up machines. :D

Hey man...you started this whole thing :D And you kinda showed up out of the blue with 3 more machines all of a sudden too so I had to get crackin. The new P3 was a return so Its only in my office temporarily. I check all the RMA's.

What kind of times do you get with your cele [email protected] 500@600 does normal WU's in 10.8 hours. Yours should be close to that if not better.

deez said:

What kind of times do you get with your cele [email protected] 500@600 does normal WU's in 10.8 hours. Yours should be close to that if not better.

Last time I checked it was running about 20-24 hours. I've not done anything with it since I fired it up. Sounds like I'm losing some time there.

Godfodda said:

Last time I checked it was running about 20-24 hours. I've not done anything with it since I fired it up. Sounds like I'm losing some time there.

My Cel600@600 runs around 10-12 hours, usually the latter.
Might want to check out your system, you should get better than me with the higher FSB you are running.

Godfodda said:

Just noticed you have it on a PC chips mobo any idea what chipset you have on that board cuz maybe the board is slowing it down a bit??? I also have my bios tuned neatly with video bios shadow and similar options disabled on a fresh install of 98 with an ISA vid card - only 64Mb P100 cl2 tho'

Wookie...thats should be about right for your system also your CPU has a coppermine core. You can probly get that 600 running @900 no problem with good cooling and a slight voltage adjustment

deez said:

Wookie...thats should be about right for your system also your CPU has a coppermine core. You can probly get that 600 running @900 no problem with good cooling and a slight voltage adjustment

Heh, I would, but the motherboard is FSB challenged.
It will only run at 66 or 100. Even software cant help it. :(
I already know the CPU won't run at 100 stable, best I could get it with another MB and a PEP66T was 83FSB.

Hey,

Got 2 other PC's to assemble and get crunching first.

Then I will drop the CPU (600) in one of the PCChips boards I have laying around, and bump up the FSB on that one.

I'll drop my Cel300 in that board, and run it at 100.

First priority, gotta keep 'em crunching. :D

Thanks for the input.

deez said:

Just noticed you have it on a PC chips mobo any idea what chipset you have on that board cuz maybe the board is slowing it down a bit??? I also have my bios tuned neatly with video bios shadow and similar options disabled on a fresh install of 98 with an ISA vid card - only 64Mb P100 cl2 tho'

I think it's a SIS chipset. I'm having some trouble with it right now. Just checked the log and it seems for the last week it can't decide if it wants to finish one in 50 or 5 hours. I'm hoping it's just a bad batch of WUs. Will play with it though. I have a slightly better HSF to try on it and I've already taken out the good RAM and replaced it with some Kingston. I did notice that I had the Spectek set at 8ns and CAS3. Don't know why in the hell I would have done that.

Finally got everything dumped. I'm at 1006 as of this writing. Now it's time to break out the fans, AS2, and Dremel. :D

you broke a thousand...huge congratulations Godfodda

you may be due for a format and fresh install on your cele machine

Back