• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Over heating issue/ Laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lao113

I recently bought myself a new laptop (Gateway C-143XL) and it works great, although when it's in power saver mode the fans tend not to turn on as often, which saves power. I've been noticing that it gets quite hot after being in use for a few hours, and that the fans don't turn on often enough in power saver.

What I'd like to know is if they'res any program available to make your fans go on more often, without getting rid of the other aspects of powersaver.
On a full charge in powersaver my comp tends to have about 5 hours b4 dying out, i would be fine losing an hour or so if it ment no more overheating.

I'd like to note, when in performance mode(plugged in) this isn't an issue as the computer's fans go on often enough. Well the main fan/fans are on all the time, just not always going hardcore enough.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you for your time.

Back